NBA Concepts

UnclearInitial

Pretty sure the NBA players wouldn't wear them because A: it is pink and that would look awful except for a Mother's Day promo. and B: it says CLT on the front of the pink one. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that that is really close to sounding like "clit"

"Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough"

I like both your Charlotte and Washington jerseys and applaud you for your outside the box thinking. That said, after this board was lit up with machismo over the pink jerseys, now the community will get in touch with their maternal side and get all up in arms over the Bullets.

I hate the current Wizards identity, but don't think going back to the Bullets makes sense. It would have been fine to have kept the name in the first place but given the ciy's history of gun violence and general disinterest in gun culture, going back to the Bullets would be undesirably controversial for the team.

I think a pink color identity would be unique and would draw a strong defensive identity among fans that may lead to greater team pride in the long run. However, there would have to be some meaning to the color. I don't see that for Charlotte and feel the pink would be seen as gimmicky. Nut for those who think fans would never get behind pink... purple has worked well for the Rockies, Lakers and Vikings. And purple is not much better received in the US than pink. And for that matter, many men wear pink dress shirts (and pink is much more acceptable than purple in men's fashion).

Maybe the Wizards could use pink. One of the city's most well know symbols is the pink Cherry Blossom. The city's color is red, which isn't far off. And I believe the city would have a good sense of humor about it. Laughingstock? Possibly, but Washingtonians have pretty thick skin given the disrespect they get from the rest of the country in general.

Maybe the Wizards could use pink. One of the city's most well know symbols is the pink Cherry Blossom. The city's color is red, which isn't far off. And I believe the city would have a good sense of humor about it. Laughingstock? Possibly, but Washingtonians have pretty thick skin given the disrespect they get from the rest of the country in general.

I'm saying this as possible the biggest Wizards fan on this site... Trust me, the city would not have a good sense of humor about it. Some politicians may be a joke, and the team itself is a joke for now, but pink jerseys is just a hell-naw.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Wow, you boys sure do get upset about the color pink. I like the repeated statement that "this isn't Italy," as if Italy's acceptance of pink is wrong. Honestly, this thread made me giggle :P

Anythinglogos, I 100% applaud you for thinking outside the box. I love that someone on the boards thought to go with a unique and controversial color for a concept. However, I agree that it doesn't work for the team you paired it with. I also think that an all-pink uniform with black pinstripes is a bit too shocking to a market that usually only sees pink when it's associated with breast cancer awareness.

I think if there was good reasoning behind it, it was paired with a different team, and it was a bit more toned down, you could really make it work. However, I'm sure some men would still grumble about it, and vapid women would root for "the pink team" because it's "cute." Despite what's been said, purple doesn't have nearly as many negative connotations surrounding it as pink.

As for your Bullets concept, I actually prefer the uniforms the Washington Bullets wore over the alternates you created for them. I think they look too busy and cluttered. And if you were going to have the Wizards return to their old identity, I'd want to see you update their entire look. Their logo looks too dated to be used as more than a throwback today.

SIGNATURE.png

It's not so much a "pink is for girls" thing as it is a "pink is a terrible color for an NBA jersey" thing.

He could have made the Bobcats jersey neon green, and I would have disliked it as much as the pink jersey. It really has more to do with looking awful and not fitting the identity, than it does with gender. For me at least.

Putting "CLT" on a pink jersey only adds to ways people are going to joke about that jersey.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

You left some of the script you were cleaning up above the court...

Oh, and do you expect grown men to prance around in this? If this were photoshopped onto a Bobcat player, you'd wince.

That was intentional.

I did ask a friend who has photoshop to photoshop something extremely similar to this, and I liked it, but that's just me.

My reasoning for using pink was that the cot of arms of Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, who the city was named after, has pink in it.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I actually have less of a problem with the pink than I do with the 'CLT'. If Charlotte has any short form, it's 'CHA'.

As for the pink, the pale shade isn't really representative of a male athlete or of a bobcat, so it fails by default. If you want to use pink, at least try a hot pink and keep its use to a minimum. The home and road are okay, but the alt is just too pink. The logos are also a big fail, due to the excessive pink.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived