Rangers

chickenfish13

Hey Guys,

I'm in the starting stages of a concept for a junior hockey team called the Gloucester Rangers. I'm kind of stuck as to which idea to further pursue, so I thought I'd turn to you guys. I've got 3 so far, a Sheriff's badge, a regular shield with a star, and a more ornate badge/shield with stars. I'd really like your guys' opinions on which you think looks the best, or at least which Idea you think would be the best to go with.

Thanks guys!

also, for anyone who uses Inkscape, any idea why on the 3rd logo the circles look very pixelated / square, but when I zoom in on inkscape they're perfectly smooth and circular?

Swapping the green and gold would work better on the first two.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I like the top right the best, and its not even that close. Some type of a letter design/interlocking letters might look great in that open area...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I really like the top-left regular shield one, but that might just be the green shading. I'd probably say the second shield with a wordmark and also shading for a primary and just drop the wordmark for a secondary.

like the new logo (bottom right). Maybe put green in by making the beige star (the larger star) green, since you already have the two smaller stars and you also have beige around the shield

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Maybe try bottom right with a VERY dark green instead of black?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think the bottom right is starting to look pretty nice, but you should try to work some green in there, and the beveling effect needs more attention. Simply alternating light and dark shades doesn't really work. Pick a light source angle and go from there.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• 3 months later...

Hey guys. Elliott's stars concept somehow made me think of this, so i went back and updated it. I changed too a two tone green scheme, and I think it works well here. I couldn't get the shading down, so I went with an opposite color border. I filled the empty space with a GR letterform, but it's kind of just filler and it might just clutter things. The wordmark is fairly simple, the Gloucester text was gold originally, but with the Gold presentation background I changed it to the darker green. Thanks to Elliott for the inspiration, what do you guys think?

gloucesterrangers-2.png

I really like the shape of the badge on your last update, but to me it looks a little too busy in the middle. IMO, the top right on your first update was the best. I think you were right when you said that adding the "GR" would clutter things. Maybe you could include it if you made the middle star bigger (the gold one, making the green outline thinner) and add a green "GR" in the middle there.

Archived