2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the Braves have not followed the uniform pattern that was set out at the beginning of the year. According to the organization, white uniforms are for weekday home games (Mon-Thurs), red uniforms are for Friday games, ivory uniforms are for Saturday and Sunday, and obviously grey and navy blue are switch-at-will for road games.

But, the Braves wore white uniforms for Friday's game. They then wore the ivory uniforms for Saturday, then switched to the regular whites for the Jackie Robinson Sunday game.

Today (It's Wednesday), they are wearing the ivory uniforms again.

So, the Braves have not followed the uniform pattern that was set out at the beginning of the year. According to the organization, white uniforms are for weekday home games (Mon-Thurs), red uniforms are for Friday games, ivory uniforms are for Saturday and Sunday, and obviously grey and navy blue are switch-at-will for road games.

But, the Braves wore white uniforms for Friday's game. They then wore the ivory uniforms for Saturday, then switched to the regular whites for the Jackie Robinson Sunday game.

Well Friday was their home opener so I'm sure they wanted to wear their regular uniforms for that. And for Jackie Robinson Day a lot of teams wore their regular jerseys that would normally wear alternates, maybe because it was easier to just order the #42 jerseys in the regular jerseys. And maybe they'll wear the ivory uniforms for weekday day games too, but didn't mention it at the beginning of the season.

David O'Brien said on Twitter they are wearing the cream colored uniforms today because they wore the white's on Sunday for Jackie Robinson Day.

Has anyone seen a pic of what the Red Sox will be wearing on Friday and if/when the jerseys and caps will go on sale?

According to Paul Lukas, this white one is what the Sox will be wearing.

6941939624_f846c9b9dc_o.png

Booring!

It's what they wore in 1912. What do you expect them to do, NOT wear the uniform from 1912 in a 1912 throwback game?

spacer.png

Has anyone seen a pic of what the Red Sox will be wearing on Friday and if/when the jerseys and caps will go on sale?

Booring!

It's what they wore in 1912. What do you expect them to do, NOT wear the uniform from 1912 in a 1912 throwback game?

So, will they be charging $35 for those Boston caps....?

Booring!

Wondering the same. I understand the need for historical accuracy, but cant you get a blank 5950 for less than 35?

70389454.png

In regards to the Boston throwback caps, I think this is a scenario where it would've behooved the Red Sox to go fauxback and put a solid red "B" on the cap. The style of cap they worn in 1912 with the lower crown and smaller bill looks good in solid white, but doesn't translate well to the more blocky oversized 59Fifty.

Booring!

Wondering the same. I understand the need for historical accuracy, but cant you get a blank 5950 for less than 35?

I don't actually think they're selling them...but if they are, and they are selling them for $35, no one will buy them.

spacer.png

Booring!

I understand that. I just think selling those is useless. Who the hell's going to buy them?

Again, why not?

I have to somewhat agree, however, just the fact that it's still the same price as a regular MLB hat for a blank one just is a bit cringe worthy. Who knows, maybe that'll be the next trend, blank expensive New Era caps. Pick a color, any color!

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Maybe nobody. But if anyone wants to, why shouldn't they sell them?

Mother of God. They're selling them. For $35. Un:censored:ingreal.

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12752034&cp=1452345.1452682.707973

Its called supply and demand. If people want them and their able to sell them, then good for them.

I'm sure a plain white cap doesn't cost too much more to produce than a logo-ed cap.

Unless "Boston" or "Red Sox" is written on the back(or somewhere else on the cap), It'd be pointless to market them as Sox throwback caps, though.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Here is an article about the Yankees' throwback caps: http://www.nj.com/ya...rce=twitterfeed

10843785-small.jpg

>>>>

So it appears they'll be wearing this 1912 Highlander uniform but in gray to match the hat.

From what I remember from watching Ken Burns 'Baseball, the hats worn back then were more of a lower crown and curved rim, not 5950 style such as this. The documentary had photos from an exhibition game in April 1913 when Ebbets Field opened and the Dodgers first game there was the exhibition against the Yankees who had just switched from 'Highlanders'....

Dunno why there's a white jersey being shown rather than gray, I found that odd.

041812-MLB-Yankees-Jersey-PI-AA_20120418122537594_660_320.JPG

Archived