2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Padres uniforms are awful. I hate the letters and numbering on the back. It just looks so cheap.

This:

Chicago+Cubs+v+San+Diego+Padres+C-x3geeuYWtl.jpg

is much more distinctive than this:

CODZ104_1441844e.jpg

Actually, the prior version of the Padres numbers, were just completely bad. I don't care if it's distinctive, it's just plain bad. The look like a major league team with the current numbers.

(Also, this confirms my desire to see the Yanks move to the pre-1973 road uniforms permanently, which featured no white outlines. HDTV has completely eliminated the need for white outlines on a road uniform. The midnight blue lettering against the gray jersey looks great.)

Could not agree more.... great point

I also wonder what the reaction would be if the Yankees introduced todays uniform and a similar home version to their regular uniform set.

No names or numbers for the Yanks/Sox throwback game this afternoon. love it!

gvedt.jpg

Red Sox/Yankees at Fenway games never feature names on back...

Anywho, looking at that picture, it's beyond annoying seeing the tiny MLB logo on the back of the blank cap. Seriously, MLB. Come on.

I wish the Yankees were selling those red/blue socks. Love them. (Wait, are they? I didn't check the Yankees online store.)

I was in Boston for a college visit, so I didn't actually get a chance to watch the game, but the highlights looked spectacular (from a uni standpoint, not a baseball standpoint).

I also agree with the poster further up in this thread who said that the Yankees throwback roadies are better than their current roadies in every way (except the cap). It would eliminate the kinda-sorta derpy New York script for the Yankees.

One thing that annoyed me: the Sox didn't have blank white batting helmets.

Screen-Shot-2012-04-20-at-16h27.29--450x286.png

:P

spacer.png

Yeah... a major league team that already exists:

Derek_Jeter_3.jpg

So the fact that the Yankees, Dodgers, Indians, and Red Sox to my knowledge all wore the current Red Sox font, makes the others less than major league? Okay. Move along.

I'd also like to see the Yankees adopt today's jersey as the new road. It looks nice, and this is coming from a Sox fan.

I said the same thing when I saw them.

I think the current Boston road greys are proof that the Yankees could (and should) get rid of the white outline and it would look a billion times better.

I'm watching the Sox and Mariners tonight. God lord, those are some beautiful teal uniforms the M's are wearing. I think that is the perfect shade of teal for them. The northwest green so many call for would be too dark with navy, IMO.

Also, teal brimmed caps tonight. Those are great caps and need to come back full-time home and road. They brighten the look up so much. However, I actually prefer the solid navy cap with the teal alts. The jersey and brim color are slightly but noticeably different, so they shouldn't be worn together.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

FWIW, this happened at the Giants game.

casilla413.jpg

I think that stupid beard looks more laughable than that mismatched uniform.

There is absolutely nothing good in that photo. Two mismatched uniforms with bizarre mismatched piping, and that hideous beard.

Just go back to the old road uniforms, Giants. They looked tremendous: now you look like a joke on the road.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

White Sox - Mariners looked absolutely beautiful today. Two of some of my favorite sets in the league (Chicago's road greys and Seattle's "Northwest Green"s) head-to-head. I'd say it wins best matchup of the night.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm watching the Sox and Mariners tonight. God lord, those are some beautiful teal uniforms the M's are wearing. I think that is the perfect shade of teal for them. The northwest green so many call for would be too dark with navy, IMO.

Also, teal brimmed caps tonight. Those are great caps and need to come back full-time home and road. They brighten the look up so much. However, I actually prefer the solid navy cap with the teal alts. The jersey and brim color are slightly but noticeably different, so they shouldn't be worn together.

Could someone post a photo of last years Mariners "northwest green" jerseys compared to tonights? I feel like they slightly subdued the brightness compared to last years.

(Computers on the fritz, so I'm posting from my phone)

Many thanks!

So the fact that the Yankees, Dodgers, Indians, and Red Sox to my knowledge all wore the current Red Sox font, makes the others less than major league? Okay. Move along.

Huh? I'm just saying the Padres' road unis look like a mash-up of the Yankees' and, come to think of it, the Rays' roads.

7dg1j2g3e4v0lqejm0uhf8eoe.gif

4103.gifuyde5teneo4lmantw0ogbwfa8.gif

They could have had their own identity, but instead, they look like a bland mess.

oYjP6.pngLaBDd.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I think I'm in the minority in that I don't think the Padres look that bad at all. I think the new uniforms are classy and, having grown up with San Diego as a blue team, thier continued use of it doesn't bother me. I do like the brown and gold, don't get me wrong (and wouldn't have minded if they went to it), but all my lifetime they've been a blue team so that's what I personally associate with them. To me at least, the Padres look like the Padres.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived