2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the Padres wear their alternate jerseys prior to tonight?

Yes. A week or two ago. Seeing that alternate made me realize what they'd done as far as double piping (placket and collar, and then two bands on the sleeves). While I'm not a big fan of the look, I entirely respect it as an homage to some of their PCL uniforms and as a general throwback element. A good deal of the flannels at Ebbets Field Flannels, for instance, demonstrate that kind of piping.

Gorgeous. Thanks for posting the pictures. I wish the red was a bit brighter on the Yankees' socks, but they're still fantastic.

A lighter red would be much brighter in the sun light but I think the dark reds looks real sharp with the gray uni. I always thought the Yankees should introduce some red unto their uniform. Not too much, red stripes on the socks is stellar.

I agree completely. Red stripes on their socks would be a lovely, subtle touch.

Tampa Bay Everybody Loves Rays

Go 'Nova | Go Irish

While I don't really mind the actual design, once you go all-navy (the smallest bit of sand trim doesn't count), you're invading Yankees' territory. Yellow-gold was much less bland, and, most importantly, more unique.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

While I don't really mind the actual design, once you go all-navy (the smallest bit of sand trim doesn't count), you're invading Yankees' territory. Yellow-gold was much less bland, and, most importantly, more unique.

They shouldn't have gotten rid of the sand. It was the one thing that made them unique, especially the SanD iego road jersey.

Anyone know if the Red Sox are wearing their green jerseys and caps for Earth Day? I think they have done so in the past.

Since they're not playing today, I'm gonna say no.

I meant if they were playing today.

Haven't done it since 2009, I doubt it.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Anyone know if the Red Sox are wearing their green jerseys and caps for Earth Day? I think they have done so in the past.

Since they're not playing today, I'm gonna say no.

I meant if they were playing today.

Haven't done it since 2009, I doubt it.

Last year they were on the road April 22, but in 2010 they were at home.

Beautiful jersey matchup today:

Blue_Jays_Royals_Baseball_261331_game.jpg

No. Whenever both teams are wearing colored alternates, it looks like spring training. The Blue Jays' blue jerseys are great, the Royals' powder blues are decent but flawed, but together they look bad.

I love that uni matchup, but it seemed like the Royals were playing against themselves.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

No. Whenever both teams are wearing colored alternates, it looks like spring training. The Blue Jays' blue jerseys are great, the Royals' powder blues are decent but flawed, but together they look bad.

I'm not a fan of KC's light blue jerseys. Their use of light blue just seems forced. They should stick with royal blue alts for home and road.

Side note: Those Pads alts are really, really nice. I still wish for brown and gold, but those navy jerseys are sharp.

I'm not a fan of KC's light blue jerseys. Their use of light blue just seems forced. They should stick with royal blue alts for home and road.

Side note: Those Pads alts are really, really nice. I still wish for brown and gold, but those navy jerseys are sharp.

Royals alts: PBFPBS?

I think it's hilarious that on lids.com they are selling the Red Sox hats from that game.

Really...? It's a plain white hat, literally. Just a bit of red in the MLB logo. That's hilarious.

Yankees unis looked awesome, I am biased of course. The Sox unis weren't bad or anything, but the plain white hat being actually sold is hilarious.

Well with a 4-10 record and the weather getting warmer it probably makes more sense for Red Sox fans to wear a plain white hat as opposed to a bag on their heads.

Archived