2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

marlins looks gross wearing black all 3 games against the mets this series...if i was a marlins fans id be pissed that after such a huge rebrand with all the colors, they wear the black jerseys 95% of the time

I would be too, whats the points of the alt orange if its never worn?

True2OB.png

marlins looks gross wearing black all 3 games against the mets this series...if i was a marlins fans id be pissed that after such a huge rebrand with all the colors, they wear the black jerseys 95% of the time

you can tell all of us carry some serious baggage from the mets black uni days, because i thought the same thing. we look amazing, them...not as much.

sig2024.png

The orange is being worn for home day games. You won't be seeing them on the road at all, so chill.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

in all fairness, the whole identity is a joke. the logo is TOO BIG and it appears 3 times on the jersey and hat, they dont resemble marlins anymore, just some marketing ploy under the name miami. the miami script looks horrible with the giant M overlapping the i and it just seems so off centered. and theres just too much black. i may just be blowing smoke , but loria really messed up by deleting teal from the identity long ago. teal and black was the marlins, now theyre just mostly black with some orange and a few splashes of other colors. the whole team looks like a mess, thier stadium looks like a mess, and thier on and off field issues are a mess.they followed texas footsteps, instead of being florida's marlins, now theyre just Miami's...black wearing miamians.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

in all fairness, the whole identity is a joke. the logo is TOO BIG and it appears 3 times on the jersey and hat, they dont resemble marlins anymore, just some marketing ploy under the name miami. the miami script looks horrible with the giant M overlapping the i and it just seems so off centered. and theres just too much black. i may just be blowing smoke , but loria really messed up by deleting teal from the identity long ago. teal and black was the marlins, now theyre just mostly black with some orange and a few splashes of other colors. the whole team looks like a mess, thier stadium looks like a mess, and thier on and off field issues are a mess.they followed texas footsteps, instead of being florida's marlins, now theyre just Miami's...black wearing miamians.

slideshow-snickers_476x35721.jpg

slideshow-snickers_476x35721.jpg

I feel you GuitarPunk but lulz at McCall

True2OB.png

Agreed. I've said it once but I'll say it again, what they should have done is kept the teal but added orange. They also should have kept the same cap logo but replaced the F with an M. It would have saved us all a huge headache.

The more I look at their unis the more I despise them.

Agreed. I've said it once but I'll say it again, what they should have done is kept the teal but added orange. They also should have kept the same cap logo but replaced the F with an M. It would have saved us all a huge headache.

When you're going through a rebrand (new location designation), you don't stick to the same design with just swapped out letters. In this day and age, and with a, to be perfectly honest, non-memorable identity, it's just tacky. Same colors? Fine. But not same logos. Otherwise they'd look like a minor league team altering their parent club's logos to fit their designations.

and what about the marlins damn orange hat?

they wore it once in spring training and with the worst possible combination

dPpLC.AuSt.56.jpg

I agree. I would like to see the orange hat. I mean they have batting helmets for it, so it must have been intended to be a regular part of the uniform.

Miami.png

When you're going through a rebrand (new location designation), you don't stick to the same design with just swapped out letters. In this day and age, and with a, to be perfectly honest, non-memorable identity, it's just tacky. Same colors? Fine. But not same logos. Otherwise they'd look like a minor league team altering their parent club's logos to fit their designations.

Then go with a different style M and a tweaked marlin, just not ugly the abstract one they have now.

I love what we got now but can appreciate what we had. As a Marlin, fan the last thing I want is to look like the Dolphins colors wise. Adding orange to to teal would do just that. The majority of the fans I hear love the stuff or were wary and had the set grow on them. I appreciate what they did with the set. The abstract marlin doesn't bother me because it really fits the modern, sleek theory the team is going with. Just look at the stadium and the colors. To many people that arent Marlins fans want this team to be something they are not. We're not the Yankees. This new set really distinguishes us as the Marlins.

The only thing Im sick of is the lack of the gray jerseys and not wearing the orange hats. I love the black jerseys and I really think the black makes the logo pop but I'm getting tired of seeing it exclusively home and and road.

I still want to see homes with orange hat and orange jersey with orange hat..

The Marlins made a big deal about embracing the vibrant colors of Miami in their rebrand, yet here they are trotting out a dreary all-black look that was tired by the late 90's.

Not that I don't agree fully, but in all fairness, the greys really don't bring out the colors any better then the blacks. I would venture to say the grays make the colors blend in more while the black makes the colors pop.

The home white really doesnt bring out the colors as much either due to the black in the M logo. I think the best thing for the home whites is to pair it with the orange hat.

^yeah it's really annoying

i wonder if ANY of it has to do with Ozzie? he definitely seems like a control freak. idk, just spitballing

just interesting that the White Sox with him there wore it a ton. this year, the white sox have only worn the black once. ONCE! I'm shocked the chisox have only worn the alts once. but i could have missed the memo about certain days only? usually special jerseys are with day games though. the white sox wore the blacks on a night game this year

Archived