2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

^yeah it's really annoying

i wonder if ANY of it has to do with Ozzie? he definitely seems like a control freak. idk, just spitballing

just interesting that the White Sox with him there wore it a ton. this year, the white sox have only worn the black once. ONCE! I'm shocked the chisox have only worn the alts once. but i could have missed the memo about certain days only? usually special jerseys are with day games though. the white sox wore the blacks on a night game this year

I doubt it's Ozzie's doing. The Marlins have worn the :censored: out of black since they first got it in 2003 pretty much. I think it's just something ownership likes.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah makes sense.

i just really want to know why they introduce the orange hats, and not wear them at all?

orange hat with orange alts

orange hat with home whites with orange socks

black on the road and with the black jerseys

geez Marlins

Do they have a pair of orange socks in their set? If not, I agree that it would be wise to add a them. The black socks would look out of place with the orange cap IMO.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

yeah makes sense.

i just really want to know why they introduce the orange hats, and not wear them at all?

orange hat with orange alts

orange hat with home whites with orange socks

black on the road and with the black jerseys

geez Marlins

Do they have a pair of orange socks in their set? If not, I agree that it would be wise to add a them. The black socks would look out of place with the orange cap IMO.

They have orange socks. They wore them Tuesday, April 17. I think it was the game Ozzie returned from suspension. Black hat / white jersey / orange socks. The only guy I remember off the top of my head wearing the pants up was Josh Johnson, but I know there were a couple of other guys too.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Something else to consider: all of the dugout team wear (jackets, pullovers, etc) is predominantly black. The clubhouse manager might be steering them to wear the black more often because it "matches" better. That is part of the reason why the Mets wore the black so often in the 2000's. The equipment manager said that since the dugout wear was predominantly black, the non-black jerseys "clashed too much". I know, it's horse :censored:, and it was self-fulfilling (since he was the one pushing black on the uniforms in the first place), but that was the reason he gave.

Or maybe the players like the black jerseys more. We really need to ask the beat writer for the Marlins why, since he'd probably be able to answer that.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I would have to guess that the players like the black jerseys more. That's why I presume sets like the last Marlins set and the current Rockies set have come to look like White Sox ripoffs. The players don't want to wear teal for the Marlins, or purple for the Rox, or even bright orange caps for the Marlins, so they drown out the look by wearing predominantly black.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

As per the Marlins broadcast, the players don't have a say in what to wear. The marketing department decides what they were and puts it on a mannequin in the clubhouse.

Black on Fridays and orange for day games at home was one rule they described.

1997 | 2003

They have orange socks. They wore them Tuesday, April 17. I think it was the game Ozzie returned from suspension. Black hat / white jersey / orange socks. The only guy I remember off the top of my head wearing the pants up was Josh Johnson, but I know there were a couple of other guys too.

Here are photos of Johnson, Ozzie, and Steve Cishek with orange socks from the game you mentioned.

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

610x.jpg

The O's-A's matchup last night looked pretty good. Orange versus dark green.

Didn't the A's occasionally wear yellow jerseys on the road last season? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

They did, against the Mets and Phillies.

athletics_mets_117091814.jpgmets-as.jpgAndrew+Bailey+Oakland+Athletics+v+Philadelphia+3nkKH-ovIcnl.jpgsp-as27_ph2_0503688360.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Here are photos of Johnson, Ozzie, and Steve Cishek with orange socks from the game you mentioned.

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

610x.jpg

Wear the orange cap with that and you have a somewhat okay looking uniform.

I love the panel hat, the new logo, the new orange jersey, everything. The team even seems to be playing better. This series against Oakland was a matchup of two of the best-dressed teams in the MLB.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Archived