2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only 1 month, but i already give up on the Marlins and the orange hats. should have known since even on the day they new look was unveiled, the orange hat was nowhere to be seen

MiamiMarlinUniform1.jpg

It's been well noted that the player accidentally grabbed the wrong hat.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

What bugs me the most about the Marlins black cap is that there is no black in the cap logo, it comes off as BFBS.

I think you're a little confused on the application of BFBS. There's no black in the Rockies' cap logo and no black in the Giants' cap logo.

The Yankess have no navy in their cap logo, and the Red Sox have no navy in their cap logo either. Yet that's not NFNS.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Black for black's sake is the most overused (and incorrectly used) term on these boards. An example of BFBS: The Boston Celtics alternate jersey with a black script and trim, while black is not one of their colors.

Black is a Marlins color. The fact that they use it a lot takes a way from their look, but it's not BFBS.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Black for black's sake is the most overused (and incorrectly used) term on these boards. An example of BFBS: The Boston Celtics alternate jersey with a black script and trim, while black is not one of their colors.

Well the team does use black in the logo. It might not be in the uniform, but it is one of the team's colors.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well the team does use black in the logo. It might not be in the uniform, but it is one of the team's colors.

True. A better example would be the Mets use of black. The Celtics were just the first that came to mind.

Black is a Marlins color. The fact that they use it a lot takes a way from their look, but it's not BFBS.

Or, the Texas Rangers home and road uniforms are the most agrecious use of BFBS in all of sports.

Or, the Texas Rangers home and road uniforms are the most agrecious use of BFBS in all of sports.

You mean on of the least? Only drop shadows. That's it. Yes it's BFBS, but very minimal.

They still have that alt cap with the black bill?

No. That was dropped a few years ago, as well as the cap with the red T and white drop shadow. (Which was pretty unnecessary IMO)

You mean on of the least? Only drop shadows. That's it. Yes it's BFBS, but very minimal.

In all of sports probably hyperbole. There are still those Islanders thirds.

However, quantity isn't that important to me... If a team has an abundance of BFBS on an alternate uniform (like the A's did), it only screws up their look 10% of the time. But if you have BFBS on a home or road uniform, it ruins the look much more often. That's why the Rangers use of black in the dizzying, completely pointless way that drop shadowing is used, it completely wrecks what could be a near perfect look... and it ruins it quite often.

I'd consider what the Kansas City Royals did to be BFBS.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd consider what the Kansas City Royals did to be BFBS.

I don't think anyone doesn't.

This is actually a great example. The Royals and the Mets are the poster children for BFBS.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Orioles caps are so good. I just wish the bird was the primary logo, like this...

HD0rS.jpg

That looks very good. I think the bird alone could be the primary logo. But to keep around the realistic bird as the primary makes no sense to me.

Archived