2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

No pictures, but the Cubs store I work at got the new 2012 Stars and Stripes hats in today. They're a lot less hideous than the ones worn in years past - the Cubs one is the same shade of blue/red, but the C has a digital camo print inside and is outlined by blue/red as opposed to just white. The MLB logo on the back also has a digital camo background print. They're not anything special, but they're much less obnoxiously ugly than the ice cream hats from a couple years ago, and I'm willing to guess that each team will be using their own actual team color so there won't be any cases Oakland wearing navy blue or anything like that.

330zl3b.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note, didn't the Cubs & White Sox used to play their annual exhibition in-season from time to time? I seem to remember them playing on WGN in the late 80's in the summertime. They did it on a mutual off day when both teams were in town.

According to Retrosheet, you are correct. Their 5/26/88 game was a 15-inning 6-6 tie.

I remember watching that game. It got called on account of darkness - Wrigley wouldn't have lights until August of that year. If I'm not mistaken, both teams were so low on pitchers that the Cubs had a minor-league position player named Les Lancaster take the mound in one of the later innings. He'd later make the big leagues, with the Cubs, as a pitcher full-time.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

219399d1308349196-gambo-t_wil1-photopack-carlton-fisk-white-sox.jpg

You know, that disaster is only a tweak from looking pretty good. Put a normal jersey in place of that...I guess it's a shirt...and that would be a killer look.

The individual uniform looks nice, but for the White Sox? Isn't there enough blue and white teams to go around? White Sox need to stick to black and silver.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Speaking of changes, is there a way we can get a thread designated for corrections and update information for the logos and unis on here? There are a lot of errors in the database and it would probably be easier for the site to update these errors if we had a designated thread for this.

The individual uniform looks nice, but for the White Sox? Isn't there enough blue and white teams to go around? White Sox need to stick to black and silver.

As a Sox fan I actually think an addition of maybe a little color may not hurt them. I wouldn't mind a little red or navy added (one or the other, not both) to add some color contrast as well as being a nod to unis from the past. A red border around the logo might be cool or maybe even navy.

As a Sox fan I actually think an addition of maybe a little color may not hurt them. I wouldn't mind a little red or navy added (one or the other, not both) to add some color contrast as well as being a nod to unis from the past. A red border around the logo might be cool or maybe even navy.

Black and navy rarely look good together. Red, sure. But the Sox with black, navy, white and silver would look pretty bad.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

219399d1308349196-gambo-t_wil1-photopack-carlton-fisk-white-sox.jpg

You know, that disaster is only a tweak from looking pretty good. Put a normal jersey in place of that...I guess it's a shirt...and that would be a killer look.

Right, because they were going to go with that look on my suggestion. Lucky for us, you stepped in and stopped both the White Sox and myself from making a huge mistake. B)

Yeah, I just meant that uniform would have looked good with an actual jersey. I prefer their current look too.

BB52Big.jpg

"Chicago" looks really good in Tuscan lettering, and it was cool the way they stuck with it for numbers/NOB as well, but the untucked collared shirt is still one of the worst ideas in baseball fashion. The straight-across "SOX" hat was pretty bad, too, both on the plain blue hats and the pinwheels to follow.

They should stick with what they have, but a change to the Tuscan script on the road might be an interesting lateral move.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Im sitting in the upper deck at PETCO tonight since I have a couple of hours to kill before meeting someone for drinks later...

Anyway the Marlins are in their road grays and I must admit, you definitely can see the white lettering pop against the gray from a distance. Would it look better than a color, no, but you can definitely see the contrast.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I remember asking this before the season started, and I've been meaning to ask it: have they (the Marlins) hung/displayed anything to honour their World Championships?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived