2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Berthiuame on BBTN during the Astros/Rangers highlights: "This, THIS, is how the Astros are supposed to look." (Wearing the shooting star throwbacks) It's become so common for him to comment on uniforms that Aaron Boone and Jose Cruz, Jr. asked him if the Padres were supposed to look like the throwbacks they were wearing before he could even say anything. (I agreed with the brown/gold, but not design)

It's nice to see a uniform-nerd like us on national tv.

I'm convinced he's a member around here. If not, maybe someone needs tweet him an invitation.

Both the Padres and Astros looking beautiful on the field yesterday! A few question for those who live around either team: Do you see a lot of the retro merchandise on display and being worn by the fans throughout the season? Is it the majority of the fans that want the Padres to be brown and yellow again, or just a vocal minority? I recall last year there being more blue than black around Rogers Centre.....even though it wasn't their uniform colour!

Both the Padres and Astros looking beautiful on the field yesterday! A few question for those who live around either team: Do you see a lot of the retro merchandise on display and being worn by the fans throughout the season? Is it the majority of the fans that want the Padres to be brown and yellow again, or just a vocal minority? I recall last year there being more blue than black around Rogers Centre.....even though it wasn't their uniform colour!

If you look around on the Astros store and some other places that sell Astros stuff there seems to be a lot of orange and blue shirts and hats.

If you look around on the Astros store and some other places that sell Astros stuff there seems to be a lot of orange and blue shirts and hats.

In Houston, you do see a lot of the navy/orange 80's era Astros stuff. The team sucking for the last 6 years helped with that. When they were a contender (through 2006), you had to look far and wide to find any of the navy/orange in stores or being worn anywhere. I've contended that the team is choosing to dump the current uniforms for a reimagined version of the past because the fans are celebrating nostalgia for a "better time" in Astros history (which is BS, since the Astros sucked a whole lot more when they wore the navy/orange).

Regardless, the new owner has every right to change the uniforms, and I am cautiously optimistic about Larry Dierker's hints.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Regardless, the new owner has every right to change the uniforms, and I am cautiously optimistic about Larry Dierker's hints.

What are the hints?

What are the hints?

During a game he was with some announcers and was wearing a shooting star Astros jersey an said "If you like what I'm wearing you should be happy" or something like that but caught him self before going too far.

What are the hints?

During a game he was with some announcers and was wearing a shooting star Astros jersey an said "If you like what I'm wearing you should be happy" or something like that but caught him self before going too far.

Cool, hopefully they go the blue jays route and modernize the old look and don't go full retro.

I currently live near Dallas and they have the throwback Rangers cap they wore the other day for sale at Lids as well as the throwback .45s and blue H cap....teh guy said the rest of the rangers and astros throwback caps will be released as they are worn.

i'm buying the all cause i love throwback caps, i really want the throwback padres cap that was worn...anyone see them in the store.

New York Mets & New York Jets

Are the Blue Jays jerseys doubleknit instead of cool-base this season?

8ae23aad92b80a60f6c2a763c073b8d9-getty-144793414.jpg

This doesn't look like cool-base, especially without the armpit air-vents.

All Blue Jays jerseys are double knit this year. Apparently when the new uniform set was developed, the players preferred to have double knit over the new Cool Base jerseys - of so Ive read. It had something to do with the cool base jerseys getting too heavy-feeing when they were saturated with sweat. As far as I know, you can't even get a Cool Base Blue Jays jersey this year.

All Blue Jays jerseys are double knit this year. Apparently when the new uniform set was developed, the players preferred to have double knit over the new Cool Base jerseys - of so Ive read. It had something to do with the cool base jerseys getting too heavy-feeing when they were saturated with sweat. As far as I know, you can't even get a Cool Base Blue Jays jersey this year.

Also the fact that the logo appears to be very heavy and it probably would wear down the fabric of the cool base

Go A's!

Looks like the Brewers will wear throwbacks on the 4th of July...

pMLB2-12206277dt.jpg

On a sidenote, does anyone remember that amazing Brewers hat from like 2001? I think they sold and maybe wore it after 9/11 happened, and was probably the catalyst in there being a Stars and Stripes promotion. The M on the hats had the US Flag texture in it. I remember wanting one as a kid really bad.

bSLCtu2.png

I think it was Batista that was the one who said the players didn't like how sweat weighed down the COOLBASE jerseys and that is why they have doubleknits this year.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived