2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching highlights of the Giants-A's game yesterday and I noticed that the Giants were wearing their alternate orange billed caps with their home whites creams.

Anyone know why they were doing this?

It's their Sunday cap. They wear it every Sunday game, home and away.

I never noticed that before. So that's why they always wear that cap with the road alts.

I feel like there's supposed to be some grand irony to double-knit actually being LIGHTER than COOLBASE jerseys.

A team doing a very public rebranding and rejecting your special fabric is not exactly a ringing endorsement for your signature product. But everyone else except the Yankees sucked it up and went to COOLBASE. I'd be curious to see how many other teams feel the same way. I know there are players who choose to wear the doubleknits, so there are definitely some who prefer it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Twins have worn their cream alts twice so far in '12; on 4/23 and again on 5/14.

The Brewers have also worn their throwback alts twice this year; on 4/20 (Aoki's inside-the-park homer) and also on 5/18.

This sort of ties into the Toronto COOLBASE rejection post. The MIN & MIL throwbacks are both doubleknit. Milwaukee only wears COOLBASE for the rest of their sets. Minnesota's road greys are also doubleknit, while the blue alts and the whites are COOLBASE.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Speaking of Twins, I was playing Ken Griffey Jr. on Nintendo 64, and the Twins broke out the "Dairy Queen" alternate.

b0ylB.png

Weird thing about the game, is that the Twins are wearing regular white pants and the Tigers, whom they are facing, have an orange billed cap with orange D.

I love that Twins jersey and I wish they gave it more of chance. I think it could become the Home alternate... *ducks*

bSLCtu2.png

Speaking of Twins, I was playing Ken Griffey Jr. on Nintendo 64, and the Twins broke out the "Dairy Queen" alternate.

b0ylB.png

Weird thing about the game, is that the Twins are wearing regular white pants and the Tigers, whom they are facing, have an orange billed cap with orange D.

I love that Twins jersey and I wish they gave it more of chance. I think it could become the Home alternate... *ducks*

That game is So awesome on So many levels! The only problem I have with it is that in season mode u can't wear alternates. I always play with the Winged Angels

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

b0ylB.png

That game is So awesome on So many levels! The only problem I have with it is that in season mode u can't wear alternates. I always play with the Winged Angels

Is there a way to actually choose if the team your playin as wear the alternate, or is it indeed just random that they wear them?

Archived