2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

7266056224_aa2abf4899_o.png

Most will do a face-palm and hate these, but I like how the Orioles jersey came out.

Interesting development. Had no idea this was coming. According to their website, the Orioles will wear these Sunday, May 27.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone at Uni Watch sent Lukas the ASG BP jerseys:

7266062836_9b4c8bc498_o.png

And it looks like Pittsburgh might be wearing camo on Sunday too. They are giving away replica camo jerseys.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The American League jersey looks like ironic bowling attire. I'm not crazy about the wordmarks, either, which somehow look chunky and slight at the same time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7266056224_aa2abf4899_o.png

Most will do a face-palm and hate these, but I like how the Orioles jersey came out.

Easier on the eyes than this:

93t99dfkate2kxbxmww9r6j9u.gif

That's basically what I was getting at. If you're going to do gimmick crap, at least make it look good.

Since we love pointing out the rare nature of this...

Twins and White Sox both wore dark alts yesterday in Chicago. Which means we can't blame the White Sox this time.

Yes, but since Chicago was involved, I am in favor of blaming them anyway.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Since we love pointing out the rare nature of this...

Twins and White Sox both wore dark alts yesterday in Chicago. Which means we can't blame the White Sox this time.

Yes, but since Chicago was involved, I am in favor of blaming them anyway.

But since Chicago is the home team, they would have the easier access to change their jerseys to white to prevent the dark on dark matchup, right?

Go A's!

And it looks like Pittsburgh might be wearing camo on Sunday too. They are giving away replica camo jerseys.

Those contrast collar bits look so much like the new Nike half-collars in the NFL which everyone hates.

Not good.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Those contrast collar bits look so much like the new Nike half-collars in the NFL which everyone hates.

Not good.

Geeeesh, is Nike starting another trend? This does have a faux-flywire collar look to it.

The Twins have worn their cream alts twice so far in '12; on 4/23 and again on 5/14.

The Brewers have also worn their throwback alts twice this year; on 4/20 (Aoki's inside-the-park homer) and also on 5/18.

The Brewers now wear the neo-'82 throwbacks for the last Friday home game of the month (in recent years, it was the first Friday of the month). So, we should see them again on June 29th against the Diamondbacks.

God Dammit- I was hoping the NL ASG was powder. They could have done those so much better. Heck, keep the contrasting side panels, but the shoulder and undersleeves should have been the jersey color.

Damn. Ugly.

I'll buy one.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

God Dammit- I was hoping the NL ASG was powder. They could have done those so much better. Heck, keep the contrasting side panels, but the shoulder and undersleeves should have been the jersey color.

Damn. Ugly.

I'll buy one.

True, but think of this...the powders look best with white pants. Theres a reason why the Rays and Royals powder alts are home alts.

Not good.

Geeeesh, is Nike starting another trend? This does have a faux-flywire collar look to it.

The weird collars are on some of the BP uniforms. The BP uniforms ever since about 2005, have been having weird designs, but it's not really offensive considering it's just a BP uniform.

ruaheqtu93fjhubs4hyksh47e.gif

bSLCtu2.png

8ae23aad92b80a60f6c2a763c073b8d9-getty-144793414.jpg

This needs to be repeated...

HOLY :censored: ING :censored: THESE ARE :censored: ING B-E-A-UTIFUL. Especially in the sunlight... My God...

Seriously. Best uniform update of the last five, maybe ten years.

Tell ya what, I think these are better than the original. The logos, at least, look better, IMO, as just the jay head, without the ball behind it. And I prefer the mostly light royal and white with just the tiny touches of red and navy.

I agree. I think these are better than the World Series era Jays unis.

spacer.png

8ae23aad92b80a60f6c2a763c073b8d9-getty-144793414.jpg

This needs to be repeated...

HOLY :censored: ING :censored: THESE ARE :censored: ING B-E-A-UTIFUL. Especially in the sunlight... My God...

Seriously. Best uniform update of the last five, maybe ten years.

Tell ya what, I think these are better than the original. The logos, at least, look better, IMO, as just the jay head, without the ball behind it. And I prefer the mostly light royal and white with just the tiny touches of red and navy.

I agree. I think these are better than the World Series era Jays unis.

I like the new ones about the same as the original ones. The new logo and jerseys are much sharper, but nothing can match the character of the original logo and jerseys.

Damn. Ugly.

I'll buy one.

True, but think of this...the powders look best with white pants. Theres a reason why the Rays and Royals powder alts are home alts.

It's BP- put them all in white pants, lol.

I can't wait to see what ugly Font's they use and sublimation.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived