2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any reason for PCL throwbacks? I think a few other teams are doing it this year too

Yea, Not sure why but when Mariners and A's play in a month or so. It will be Rainers vs Oaks.

If I remember correctly, I believe it was in celebration of the 1955 PCL championship played between the Rainiers and the Angels, why they chose this year or today i'm not exactly sure.

Seattle looks pretty good, but the LA set is "meh".

I wonder how deep that guy had to dig in his closet to find that Mets gear.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

the ones they wore today are so much better than the ugly stars and stripes ones. idk if the ones today are for sale, but wow nice unis

f4186486b582f93654fe6f3c65d88bc5-getty-145356296.jpg

Black and yellow just work so well with the camo color. As a one time (or a weekend) thing per year, I can dig it

Go A's!

That depends - do you know what hyperbole is? :P

But here we have a group of men appropriating an ersatz and sometimes exaggerated form of the ritualized costume worn by another group of which they are not a part, with the intention of making a social statement. Or, in other words, drag.

One thing that I think would really liven up the camo for Memorial Day idea would be if each team choose a branch of the military that best suit their nickname. For example, the Pirates are definitely a navy team. The Orioles/Blue Jays are definitely an Air Force team. Maybe even go with Canadian camo for the Blue Jays. Marlins are another navy team. Rangers are definitely marines. Astros are Air Force 100%. I don't know, I just think that for certain teams, this should be allowed.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

One thing that I think would really liven up the camo for Memorial Day idea would be if each team choose a branch of the military that best suit their nickname. For example, the Pirates are definitely a navy team. The Orioles/Blue Jays are definitely an Air Force team. Maybe even go with Canadian camo for the Blue Jays. Marlins are another navy team. Rangers are definitely marines. Astros are Air Force 100%. I don't know, I just think that for certain teams, this should be allowed.

I would think the Rangers would be an Army team.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Maybe next year? Gives them another angle to make products to sell

Go A's!

The Cardinals broadcast said "100 percent of the proceeds of the sale of the caps" goes to the MLB veterans charity. Did they misspeak or did the details change this year?

100 percent to charity would change my opinion of this gimmick slightly.

Yep they said 100% goes to Welcome Home. I don't find it gimmicky. It's intention is to honor those that serve our country and they don't seem to mind and rather enjoy it. You see them in the crowd in their uniforms and I see it as it letting them know "this is for you". If people wanna be cynical and say it's "drag", fine you can. But don't act like it's anything more than simply your opinion and not actual fact. Because it's not.

And piratesfan, I rather like that idea. Teams that have a certain branches represented near their location may be able to have different branches represented than the team name, i.e. the Padres and the Navy even though their name may not necessarily correlate to that particular branch, but all in all would be kinda neat to see all branches represented.

The Cardinals broadcast said "100 percent of the proceeds of the sale of the caps" goes to the MLB veterans charity. Did they misspeak or did the details change this year?

100 percent to charity would change my opinion of this gimmick slightly.

I never bought any previous S&S caps because I wasn't sure how much of it went to a charity.

But this year I bought two not only because of the unique design, but I felt comfortable knowing that all of the sales were going to the right people

Go A's!

Maybe next year? Gives them another angle to make products to sell

The Rockies and Angels would definitely be Air Force. The Padres and Mariners would be the Navy. Those are the only ones I can think of right now. That is a good idea you came up with.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Thanks for the support everyone. I don't want to take up the whole thread, but here's what a full team list might look like.

Orioles) Air Force

Red Sox) Navy

Yankees) Army

Rays) Navy

Blue Jays) Air Force

White Sox) Army

Indians) No comment.

Tigers) Army

Royals) Their colors and name are very Navy like, so Navy.

Twins) Army?

Angels) Air Force

Athletics) Army

Mariners) Navy

Rangers) Army

Braves) Again, no comment.

Marlins) Navy

Mets) Army

Phillies) Army

Nationals) Army

Cubs) Army

Reds) Army

Astros) Air Force

Brewers) Navy (Drunken sailor haha)

Pirates) Navy

Cardinals) Air Force

Diamondbacks) Desert Army

Rockies) Air Force (Denver, Mile High, high up, air...)

Dodgers) Army (Draft Dodgers lol)

Padres) Navy

Giants) Navy (Golden Gate Bridge over water, At&T park being so close to the ocean)

EDIT: I like McCall's choice for Boston.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived