2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I would consider the rays patch as kind of a nod to their origins, and not indicative that they are still using that as their mascot.

I would equate it more towards the A's elephant than the Indians chief wahoo patch. It's a symbol of the team but not it's actual name.

Plus, it looks awesome on the sleeve.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would consider the rays patch as kind of a nod to their origins, and not indicative that they are still using that as their mascot.

I would equate it more towards the A's elephant than the Indians chief wahoo patch. It's a symbol of the team but not it's actual name.

It's not the same as the elephant because the A's were never named for elephants. TB was named for devil rays and still uses the logo after changing the name. 'We used to be the Devil Rays, and now we're just the Rays as in rays of sunshine. We are NOT the Devil Rays anymore. However, here is a devil ray for your enjoyment butwerenotthedevilrays". Fail.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They had a little kangaroo-court system of fines for saying "Devil Rays" to the press, but there one is on their sleeve.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There's something about the H-star I just don't care for. I'm not sure what it is. It just seems overly simple. I actually prefer their current shooting star cap logo to the H-star.

The Twins are in their "M" caps today on the road against Indians

Font may not match but at least it probably looks better (i assume) than those navy/red ones. Got any pics yet?

7b5d9fdbd4e13512823c76bb34832d05-getty-145560656.jpg

I think they've worn it because of the win streak. But since they lost today, maybe they switch it up tomorrow

Go A's!

Thanks for the support everyone. I don't want to take up the whole thread, but here's what a full team list might look like.

Orioles) Air Force

Indians) No comment.

Reds) Army

Orioles I would go with Navy because of the Naval Academy being so close

Indians I would go with Coast Guard?? If we are including them because there is a Lake Erie base on the shore of Cleveland

Reds I would go with Air Force, there is one of the countries biggest Air Force bases less then an hour away in Dayton

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

The Twins are in their "M" caps today on the road against Indians

Font may not match but at least it probably looks better (i assume) than those navy/red ones. Got any pics yet?

7b5d9fdbd4e13512823c76bb34832d05-getty-145560656.jpg

I think they've worn it because of the win streak. But since they lost today, maybe they switch it up tomorrow

Damn. I was hoping they'd be wearing them with the gray roads. Rather see the all-navy TC hat across te board, but anything's better than the current road caps.

I think the Air Force would be more appropriate for the Rays, considering MacDill AFB is in Tampa.

Bingo, my thoughts exactly.

But the Ray is a sea animal...

The Ray is a Beam of sunlight.

The current Rays are just that.

For some inexplicable reason, when remodeling the team they rebranded to a ray of light, and still kept the Devil Ray sleeve patch.

They also still have a tank with live rays in center field

True2OB.png

Chief Wahoo is an Indian though (albeit a racist depiction).

The A's elephant is a good example though.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Chief Wahoo is an Indian though (albeit a racist depiction).

The A's elephant is a good example though.

Why is the A's white elephant not also considered to be racist? I think we should raise as much of an issue over the white elephant as we do over Chief Wahoo.

Archived