2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I would consider the rays patch as kind of a nod to their origins, and not indicative that they are still using that as their mascot.

I would equate it more towards the A's elephant than the Indians chief wahoo patch. It's a symbol of the team but not it's actual name.

Chief Wahoo is an Indian though (albeit a racist depiction).

The A's elephant is a good example though.

Why is the A's white elephant not also considered to be racist? I think we should raise as much of an issue over the white elephant as we do over Chief Wahoo.

Please explain to me how a white elephant is racist?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do they choose the years they throwback to for these games? I know the past two years the red sox did it for the year fenway park opened and, the last time they played the cubs at fenway.

They chose 1912 since it was 100 years ago. The whole concept was "Turn Back the Century Day" and they went as far as to have barber shop quartets, people with mega phones yelling out the lineups, and stadium crew dressed in 1910s apparel.

SEAsig.png

145623676-second-baseman-jamey-carroll-of-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qbw4MXJpNuuHlo8KYJUulyA7cIwOai%2beGoInaPCgMbew6MqfDTAbdghAxhEfatcBpw%3d%3d

Either keep these or simply wear the all-navy TC caps on the road (my preference), but either is lightyears better than the navy/red one and greatly improve the overall appearance of the roads. Not road pinstripes good, but better nonetheless.

BTW, seeing top plays on MLB Network, I'm surprised no one mentioned the Brewers were wearing the gold jerseys yesterday. Couldn't see if they were special ones, i.e. German or Spanish, or simply said Brewers.

We can disagree/argue about the no-hitter/non-no-hitter all day, but despite that and Dickey's shutout yesterday, I think we can all agree that at least the Mets looked absolutely beautiful while doing so. The white/piping homes should definitely be returned as the primary home uniforms next season after the 50th anniversary is over.

We can disagree/argue about the no-hitter/non-no-hitter all day, but despite that and Dickey's shutout yesterday, I think we can all agree that at least the Mets looked absolutely beautiful while doing so. The white/piping homes should definitely be returned as the primary home uniforms next season after the 50th anniversary is over.

I much prefer the Mets' pinstripes, both because I think it looks better, and because it is the look with a ton of history behind it.

That said, the Mets are only of the few teams that looks good in either pinstripes or plain white jerseys. Their wordmark flows well with both. I think the plain white jersey could remain as an alternate, but I hope the Mets stick with the pinstripes as their primary home uniforms.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Why is the A's white elephant not also considered to be racist? I think we should raise as much of an issue over the white elephant as we do over Chief Wahoo.

This makes no sense.

A white elephant isn't racist.

This makes no sense.

Racism involves humans, not animals

Go A's!

This makes no sense.

Indeed. The pro-Wahoo defence of "WELL MAYBE WE SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT OFFENDING BEARS AND TIGERS" excuse is inane. Chief Wahoo is a bigoted representation of a race of people.

Logos that use animals depict animals. Regardless of what some may believe, Natives are people, not animals. Comparing Wahoo to a logo depicting an animal is so insulting it tells you a little about the person making the comparison.

IIRC the Mets usually wear the pinstripes at night and the piping jerseys for day games, but Santana usually likes to choose the piping. I'd personally like to see that order flip-flop next season (I think the pinstripes look better in the day and the piping pops more at night), but either way this year the Mets uniforms look beautiful no matter what they go out with and it's good to know it'll stay like that from here on out.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

The Brewers and Pirates both wore their Spanish jerseys yesterday. The Brewers did wear a normal, English version of the gold jersey last year for one game on 9/10 against the Phillies (below)

124747539-francisco-rodriguez-of-the-milwaukee-brewers-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=CSIMBv%2faraCCLNLdbJQvXiq1TqaOWy0WH1dJd2c%2fzOxCbmGG1bJVZf8Y7xfmUSzcew2MHDXQcSt6198%2b9bjwjQ%3d%3d

. I think it was rumored to be a future addition to their unis for next year IIRC.

This makes no sense.

Besides, the elephant is green now.

This makes no sense.

Besides, the elephant is green now.

Which means it's racist against green people

hulk.jpg

Go A's!

Archived