2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be unfortunate that it is too late for the Astros to have a logo and uni switch for 2012, but I feel confident it will come for 2013. There will be a push from long-time fans to return to the navy and orange colors and the original H and star caps.

The Astros has always been a joke when it comes to unis, but Drayton McLane totally changed the color scheme and logo and that has not been appreciated by old fans. The Astros in pinstripes at home is ridiculous.

I personallyhope the team returns to the shooting stars unis worn in the mid 60s to the early 70s along with the gray road unis with block HOUSTON. No alternate.

Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle spoke to Crane about any possible change to the uniform. Crane said he had no intention of changing from the current set. No recoloring, no switch back to the rainbow guts, no move from the brick/black/sand color scheme.

It seems that most people don't really care for the Astros current look. I guess I can understand why when I hear an Astros fan explain, but from an outsider and fan of a divisional rival (Cardinals), I think the Astros look great. I like the brick hat especially. A lot of people seemed to love the 65-75 look, but I think it's terrible. My favorite Astros uni's were the 87-93 sets.

I'm a life-long Astros fan, and I think the current set is the most aesthetically pleasing set they've had. It doesn't make any sense in terms of the nickname, but it is appealing. And I'm not married to the colors. I like the current colors, but the current set in the navy/orange color set would look fantastic (based on this Twins Enterprise Cooperstown Current hat.)

The nostalgia for the rainbow guts is looking at the past through rose-colored glasses. If they brought back that set, they'd be the worst-looking team in baseball (well, until the Marlins' new set are revealed).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

It will be unfortunate that it is too late for the Astros to have a logo and uni switch for 2012, but I feel confident it will come for 2013. There will be a push from long-time fans to return to the navy and orange colors and the original H and star caps.

The Astros has always been a joke when it comes to unis, but Drayton McLane totally changed the color scheme and logo and that has not been appreciated by old fans. The Astros in pinstripes at home is ridiculous.

I personallyhope the team returns to the shooting stars unis worn in the mid 60s to the early 70s along with the gray road unis with block HOUSTON. No alternate.

Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle spoke to Crane about any possible change to the uniform. Crane said he had no intention of changing from the current set. No recoloring, no switch back to the rainbow guts, no move from the brick/black/sand color scheme.

It seems that most people don't really care for the Astros current look. I guess I can understand why when I hear an Astros fan explain, but from an outsider and fan of a divisional rival (Cardinals), I think the Astros look great. I like the brick hat especially. A lot of people seemed to love the 65-75 look, but I think it's terrible. My favorite Astros uni's were the 87-93 sets.

I'm a life-long Astros fan, and I think the current set is the most aesthetically pleasing set they've had. It doesn't make any sense in terms of the nickname, but it is appealing. And I'm not married to the colors. I like the current colors, but the current set in the navy/orange color set would look fantastic (based on this Twins Enterprise Cooperstown Current hat.)

The nostalgia for the rainbow guts is looking at the past through rose-colored glasses. If they brought back that set, they'd be the worst-looking team in baseball (well, until the Marlins' new set are revealed).

Bouj, didn't you DIY yourself a white jersey with the current script in navy and orange? I liked the look of it if my memory serves.

Bouj, didn't you DIY yourself a white jersey with the current script in navy and orange? I liked the look of it if my memory serves.

I did. It was the current font, in the navy/orange colors, on a cream jersey. I need to take better pics of it. I turned out great.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I did. It was the current font, in the navy/orange colors, on a cream jersey. I need to take better pics of it. I turned out great.

I've been planning on doing a concept like that.

I'm a fan of the 1994-99 navy and gold Astros set. It seemed to fit the space-age themed Astros perfectly.

I really liked that set too, but when I see pictures of it now, it hasn't aged well. It is very much of its time, the 1990s. I do think the hat that went with that set is the best hat the Astros have ever had, though.

I'm a fan of the 1994-99 navy and gold Astros set. It seemed to fit the space-age themed Astros perfectly.

I really liked that set too, but when I see pictures of it now, it hasn't aged well. It is very much of its time, the 1990s. I do think the hat that went with that set is the best hat the Astros have ever had, though.

i just got the old navy and gold brim alt hat a few days ago at Lids. i love this hat

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

i just got the old navy and gold brim alt hat a few days ago at Lids. i love this hat

That hat should never again see the field of play in a major league game.

Might be better off posting those in the concepts section...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

The only small bit of news about the Colorado Rockies possibly changing uniforms next season came today from Troy Renck, the Denver Post Rockies beat writer...he tweeted this.

TroyRenck Troy Renck, Rockies

Heard might tweak road unis...

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

The only small bit of news about the Colorado Rockies possibly changing uniforms next season came today from Troy Renck, the Denver Post Rockies beat writer...he tweeted this.

TroyRenck Troy Renck, Rockies

Heard might tweak road unis...

The Rockies need a full overhaul. But if dropping the pinstripes on the road jerseys is a tweak, that would be a step in the right direction.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

You're crazy. The road pinstripes are awesome. The Rockies just need more purple.

Well maybe the pinstripes aren't the biggest of their problems. But I seriously think they need an overhaul of scripts and logos. Keep the color scheme, and I agree with you- More purple.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

You're crazy. The road pinstripes are awesome. The Rockies just need more purple.

Well maybe the pinstripes aren't the biggest of their problems. But I seriously think they need an overhaul of scripts and logos. Keep the color scheme, and I agree with you- More purple.

Agreed. I have never understood why the Rockies refuse to play up the purple. They could own purple in the MLB, but instead are just another team with black as its primary color. The Marlins suffer from the same issue as well, except with teal instead of purple.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

couldnt find it so i put it here, if u know where it is please let me know

You've been here long enough to know where the "Concepts" section is, haven't you?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Agreed. I have never understood why the Rockies refuse to play up the purple. They could own purple in the MLB, but instead are just another team with black as its primary color. The Marlins suffer from the same issue as well, except with teal instead of purple.

The Rockies road pinstripes look terrible. Minnesota seemed to be the only team to pull them off well. The Rockies need to go back to the piping from the previous roads but with Colorado on them. And the home wordmarks should become purple with the purple cap. Road, purple piping with purple wordmark trimmed in black. Either the all black or black/purple cap would be fine with the roads and the other one can become alt cap to be worn with purple alt. Ditch the black vests.

At least that's my take on it.

I didn't want to continue the discussion in the Blue Jays thread so here it is...

Someone mentioned black and orange, while I've heard orange, light blue and silver. Here is a sample of what the promotional material looks like for the new ballpark:

photo5tn.jpg

photo1enf.jpg

photo2kgr.jpg

photo3zt.jpg

photo4lal.jpg

1997 | 2003

Archived