marlinfan

2012 MLB & Logo Changes

Av3BWr3CIAEM69r.jpg

I need that fitted!

Like many expansion teams, the Rays had to start off in a dilapidated venue. Unlike all other expansion teams - the Rays were stuck in their dilapidated venue.

You can thank the former dip-spit owner for agreeing to a 30-year deal in (at the time of inception) a 10-year old venue.

I did not know about the 30-year lease agreement. That is disappointing to hear and a giant roadblock for the team to move to a better location that is actually in the city of Tampa. I really hope the Rays stay in Tampa and don't move.

The sad thing is that over $100 has been spent on the Trop since the Rays (Devil) made it their home. Too bad that money was not spent on building a new stadium that the team deserves.

I did not know about the 30-year lease agreement. That is disappointing to hear and a giant roadblock for the team to move to a better location that is actually in the city of Tampa. I really hope the Rays stay in Tampa and don't move.

The sad thing is that over $100 has been spent on the Trop since the Rays (Devil) made it their home. Too bad that money was not spent on building a new stadium that the team deserves.

They spent $100 on that stadium and it shows.

Av3BWr3CIAEM69r.jpg

Not gonna lie... i like it. there are a few things i dont like, but overall, pretty cool

Av3BWr3CIAEM69r.jpgtbrayssketch.png

You were pretty close.

They certainly look like something worn in the 70's (but that's pretty much because it's a paint by numbers Padres ripoff). They shouldn't be wearing belts though. It's semi-anachronistic to be wearing belts. Teams were still wearing belted pants in those days, but if the Rays had actually existed and actually worn that uniform, they'd most likely have worn an elastic waistband.

Also, like I wrote in the MLB changes thread, in the alternate timeline that this throws back to, this means that in the late 90's the Rays would've decided to add the word 'Devil' to their nickname and change their colors to black and rainbow.

Remove the white on the A's yellow alt and you have the best alt in baseball.

Disagree. The white balances it out nicely

Actually, I would say give the pants yellow-green-yellow piping and it's the best alternate in baseball.

Several of us were talking yesterday over in the Rays TBTC thread about how much we liked the Diamondbacks' purple alternates. Apparently, a good number of Diamondbacks fans agree!

For the love of God Blue Jays and Marlins, PLEASE have a blue vs. orange matchup this series. None tonight, Miami wearing their awful black unis.

Check out Derek Norris' helmet. It's the design of the old A's road cap

mr2x4l.jpg

I saw that yesterday. I thought it was interesting.

Norris is starting tomorrow so we'll see if he's using it again

Watching the Astros and Indians game and noticed that the under bill of the Astros orange hat is green. Do all teams that do 70-80s throwbacks have a green under bill or is this unusual?

Have the Blue Jays worn their blue alternates on the road yet or is it strictly a home alt?

Have the Blue Jays worn their blue alternates on the road yet or is it strictly a home alt?

I remember them wearing it in the opening series against the Indians. I don't know any other times they wore them on the road.

Lawrie.jpg

Watching the Astros and Indians game and noticed that the under bill of the Astros orange hat is green. Do all teams that do 70-80s throwbacks have a green under bill or is this unusual?

Normal. Most teams when wearing throwback caps are pretty accurate with that