2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Have the Blue Jays worn their blue alternates on the road yet or is it strictly a home alt?

Both home and road. They usually go with grey for two games and blue for one game in each series on the road (although it varies).

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue Jays wear their blue alternate on the road pretty consistently. I know they have worn them at least 8 times so far this year.

4/7 vs CLE

4/8 vs CLE

4/22 vs KC (KC wore their powder alts this game as well)

4/26 vs BAL

5/5 vs LA

5/9 vs OAK

5/13 vs MIN

6/10 vs ATL

They seemed to have worn them more frequently in April thru mid-May, though.

Blue Jays wear their blue alternate on the road pretty consistently. I know they have worn them at least 8 times so far this year.

4/7 vs CLE

4/8 vs CLE

4/22 vs KC (KC wore their powder alts this game as well)

4/26 vs BAL

5/5 vs LA

5/9 vs OAK

5/13 vs MIN

6/10 vs ATL

They seemed to have worn them more frequently in April thru mid-May, though.

Those are all the road dates. they've worn them an additional 10 times at home.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Not a great matchup for the colorblind today

11qkbpy.jpg

I saw this earlier and loved it!

My two favorite colors. They are quite close together, so it is odd, but overall I thought it looked really cool.

Also, is it just me, or does the Marlins field look like :censored:? Every time I see highlights from the game it looks like they had a football game on it or something. It just looks really bad, like the grass is coming up and dead in spots.

2ly2w09.jpg

Are they playing homage to that Illinois-Wisconsin hoops game from a few years back?

Was looking at pics on ESPN.com a little while ago, is it just me or where there a lot of color on color games yesterday?

Made the Subway Series game look even sweeter. The iconic Yankees vs. the blackless, pinstriped Mets.

Now if the Mets just won, I'd be happier.

11qkbpy.jpg

I saw this earlier and loved it!

My two favorite colors. They are quite close together, so it is odd, but overall I thought it looked really cool.

Also, is it just me, or does the Marlins field look like :censored:? Every time I see highlights from the game it looks like they had a football game on it or something. It just looks really bad, like the grass is coming up and dead in spots.

When asked about the grass on why the grass looks so bad the Marlins president responded with its dead. Its gonna have to be replaced over the off season most likely.

too me they put in the grass too late, they had so many exhibition games it didn't give the grass time to settle. The roof is always closed during games as well, yes its hot down here but I yet to see a game with the roof open, and Ive been to about 5 or so.

They need to keep the roof open more often, and a better higher quality grass, if Houston can do it so can Miami.

True2OB.png

I hate the look of the Nationals red alternate on the road. There's so much white on the jersey, which just looks weird with grey pants. And there's so little navy on the jersey, which looks weird with a grey cap. If you want a road alternate, drop the patriotic navy alternate and make a regular navy road alt with the Washington script.

The Orioles orange jersey, on the other hand, is one of the single best looks in the league IMO.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

11qkbpy.jpg

It's a clash match-up that hadn't been permitted prior to this season. It seems like teams are more and more blowing off the unofficial "Don't wear similar alternates" mandate from the commish.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I have a confession to make. I finally caved and bought a Blue Jays cap. I don't usually buy other team's merch very often but it is such a beautiful piece I couldn't resist anymore.

I might do that real soon. My cap collection is filled with caps that were only worn for a year or people consider "ugly". But I will make an exception and get this beauty

Go A's!

Archived