2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its probably already known, but the All Star selections don't have those little stars on the back of their jerseys or hats this year. I actually liked it last year. Wish they would of done it again

The hats do have the stars. All the ones i have seen including my Marlins hat has them. They are very cheapily made and can easily peel off the hats. Not sure about the jerseys. I hope they are not because it makes the jerseys harder to turn into an all star jersey down the line. I don't like the idea of spending probably around 320+ for a jersey because it has cheap felt stars and a patch I could add for cheap later.

The Red Sox are in Oakland tonight, and the A's are wearing the gold alts. The gold should be full-time, they look so awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Its probably already known, but the All Star selections don't have those little stars on the back of their jerseys or hats this year. I actually liked it last year. Wish they would of done it again

The hats do have the stars. All the ones i have seen including my Marlins hat has them. They are very cheapily made and can easily peel off the hats. Not sure about the jerseys. I hope they are not because it makes the jerseys harder to turn into an all star jersey down the line. I don't like the idea of spending probably around 320+ for a jersey because it has cheap felt stars and a patch I could add for cheap later.

I don't think thats true. The only game I watched last night was the Tigers vs. Twins game, but I didn't see any stars on hats. Maybe I just missed it, but I'm pretty sure. Also, Uni Watch is saying that no one had them last night.

I don't think thats true. The only game I watched last night was the Tigers vs. Twins game, but I didn't see any stars on hats. Maybe I just missed it, but I'm pretty sure. Also, Uni Watch is saying that no one had them last night.

Sorry that's my mistake. I somehow completly overlooked the fact you said "selections" and though you were talking about the retails.

I wouldn't be surprised if the players don't wear them except for the Allstar game itself. They supposedly weren't all that popular by the players that didnt want to wear them, whether it was for uniform respect (the Yankees) or they didn't want to stick out ( no I in team feeling)

Sorry that's my mistake. I somehow completly overlooked the fact you said "selections" and though you were talking about the retails.

I wouldn't be surprised if the players don't wear them except for the Allstar game itself. They supposedly weren't all that popular by the players that didnt want to wear them, whether it was for uniform respect (the Yankees) or they didn't want to stick out ( no I in team feeling)

No big deal, just a misunderstanding. Yeah, I'm guessing you're probably right about why they are not wearing them this year. It makes sense.

No big deal, just a misunderstanding. Yeah, I'm guessing you're probably right about why they are not wearing them this year. It makes sense.

I was at Lids today since they're having a storewide 35% sale and I got a chance to look at these AS caps with the patch and stars. I can tell why people would believe the patches would come off. It's the same kind of material they've been using for other patches. It looks OK but I wouldn't wear it. But since they are making them, I have to assume they're going to be worn at the game and probably that's it

Go A's!

I was at Lids today since they're having a storewide 35% sale and I got a chance to look at these AS caps with the patch and stars. I can tell why people would believe the patches would come off. It's the same kind of material they've been using for other patches. It looks OK but I wouldn't wear it. But since they are making them, I have to assume they're going to be worn at the game and probably that's it

I physically had to hold 9 different ones in my hand at three different lids, and all of them were peeling or were already partially peeled (Just in my size 7 3.8). Finally at the fourth lids I found one that was acceptable, while two others were already trashed.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I physically had to hold 9 different ones in my hand at three different lids, and all of them were peeling or were already partially peeled (Just in my size 7 3.8). Finally at the fourth lids I found one that was acceptable, while two others were already trashed.

Terrible.

Watching A's game and Grant Balfour's cap was filled in with Sharpies. Everyone else is wearing their S&S caps but Balfour was just a home cap with a bunch of random marks on it.

ouxeti.jpg

Go A's!

Good thing they didn't wear them. I just realized today that if they had, than not only would we have had the regular hats with the patch/stars, but the S&S hat too!

Anubis.png

Giants and Nats wore their 1924 throwbacks today. MLB released this photo on their facebook page. Check this out:

320408_10151019885597451_573665896_n.jpg

In case you missed it, the guy on the far right has his cap CLEARLY photoshoped on. Very strange

The Nats did a full TBTC Day with the game presentation, and it was pretty awesome. The scoreboard was fashioned to look like a manual scoreboard, there were no between-inning promotions, and player walk-up music was their current selections, but played by organ. Anytime there WAS video on the board, it was in black and white with a faux film grain on top.

Giants and Nats wore their 1924 throwbacks today. MLB released this photo on their facebook page. Check this out:

In case you missed it, the guy on the far right has his cap CLEARLY photoshoped on. Very strange

Clearly photoshopped, eh? Looks to me like a guy wearing his hat like a goofball. The rest of the guys put their hats back on like usual -- he didn't.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Clearly photoshopped, eh? Looks to me like a guy wearing his hat like a goofball. The rest of the guys put their hats back on like usual -- he didn't.

That's what I thought at first too, but then how the hell would it be staying on his head like that? that's the single most awkward angle I've ever seen. Plus it looks like half the bill is missing....

Anubis.png

Not really a logo change here - but hopefully a preview of one. The Illinois Lottery recently came out with instant tickets for the White Sox, Cubs and Cardinals (since downstate is mostly Cards fans). The tickets feature the primary logo at the top, and the scratch-off area is the alternate logo (cap logo in the case of the Cards). The Cubs tickets feature the primary circle logo at the top, which I took note of because the stupid pawing bear logo has been used as the default primary logo for the past 10 years or so. That logo wasn't featured on the scratch off area, either. They used the '80s sleeve logo there.

jgcecy2vwgb6kkl0spnrkimhv.gif

Maybe it was an error to use the retro logo on these tickets, but hopefully it's a preview of planned change for the Cubs - featuring their primary logo more prominently, returning to the old cub face logo and eliminating the horrible pawing bear. I would even take the '90s revamp of the cub fans over the pawing bear. It's a really bad logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That's what I thought at first too, but then how the hell would it be staying on his head like that? that's the single most awkward angle I've ever seen. Plus it looks like half the bill is missing....

I think you're thinking about it too much. He just has his hat perched on his head and the bill is "missing" because of the perspective from where we're looking. It stayed on his head like that because this is from a photograph that catches a moment in time. It may have fallen off a second later. This is a getty picture that I also saw on ESPN.com. For what reason would anyone at Getty feel the need to photoshop a hat onto a random San Francisco Giant?

Here's another picture of the same guy holding his hat.

hat.png

So you're thinking that in walking from the pitcher's mound to back near the dugout he lost his hat and needed one photoshopped onto his head?

If there's one evil in photoshop it's that it's caused people to question even the most innocent of undoctored photographs.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived