2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I didn't want to continue the discussion in the Blue Jays thread so here it is...

Someone mentioned black and orange, while I've heard orange, light blue and silver. Here is a sample of what the promotional material looks like for the new ballpark:

photo5tn.jpg

photo1enf.jpg

photo2kgr.jpg

photo3zt.jpg

photo4lal.jpg

I...don't hate it. I could live with a team from Florida primarily orange, with a bright blue and yellow. The green is barely used in these images.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't their stadium going to have a lot of red in it, though? Maybe I haven't been paying attention to these conversations closely enough, but I could have sworn it was pretty clear that 1) Red was going to be a big part of their stadium and therefore based on another post 2) It was likely to be one of their main team colors.

So I'm hearing various combinations of red, blue, yellow, green, orange, silver, light blue, and black. If their goal is to keep us guessing, they're doing a pretty good job.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Let's hope this means the black shadows will be eliminated from both the home and road jerseys and they will return to wearing the blue hat on the road. I could live with the horrible black alt in the package for another year if it's rarely worn. Oh, and get rid of those terrible gradient batting helmets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

2012 Mets Uni Changes

To summarize: "More Blue & Orange", closer to 1962 unis, blue jerseys as "special", black remains.

Sounds good, but hopefully two things

1. That doesn't mean all pinstripes all the time. I like the pinstripes as a special Sunday look or for playoff games (which.. more than likely won't happen next season anyway), but not as an everyday thing. I like the piping homes instead.

2. I've said this before, and I know I'll get flak for it, but I don't hate the black entirely. The black alt I'd love gone. But the black drop shadow, at least on the road, isn't terrible IMO. Plus I like the road hat (granted I wouldn't shed a tear if it was removed), maybe more so because how it looks off the field more than on it, but it goes well with the dropshadow. Now, for the homes you can do without the black in the Mets script, but I don't mind it with the road New York script. Again, I'd rather see the Mets in blue and orange, but some of the parts of the use of black I don't mind.

However, those blue alts are gonna be awesome. Should be interesting to see what they pull off.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I have a question for RichMGH, ColorWerx, et al:

How have you seen the new logos if MLB hasn't even posted them to their style guide site? Do you have inside tracks or are they posted somewhere else? I've seen everything else - including the '11 WS and next year's Spring Training and ASG logos - but nothing regarding new looks for teams in 2012.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I hope so black is so 90's. Its time to go back to orange and blue forever.

And please for the love of god get rid of the multicolor batting helmet.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Removing black from all parts of the uniform, as it seems to read, and trying to "blend" the blue jersey into the sets next year for a full-time usage in 2013 while keeping the black alt jersey/cap is a nice compromise. I personally don't like the black set, but if everything else can get back to how it should, I don't think a lot of people would throw a fuss about them having the black set as an option, I would just hope primarily on the road. It'll probably become like the D-Backs black set. Although hopefully this means the end of the black and blue cap. That thing just needs to go.

Removing black from all parts of the uniform, as it seems to read, and trying to "blend" the blue jersey into the sets next year for a full-time usage in 2013 while keeping the black alt jersey/cap is a nice compromise. I personally don't like the black set, but if everything else can get back to how it should, I don't think a lot of people would throw a fuss about them having the black set as an option, I would just hope primarily on the road. It'll probably become like the D-Backs black set. Although hopefully this means the end of the black and blue cap. That thing just needs to go.

I agree that it would be a good compromise. However, as Gothamite hammers away at, the Yankees sell caps in every color imaginable, yet they don't see the field. You can buy a turquoise Yankees hat, yet they don't even wear alternate jerseys. That is the way it should be.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I agree that it would be a good compromise. However, as Gothamite hammers away at, the Yankees sell caps in every color imaginable, yet they don't see the field. You can buy a turquoise Yankees hat, yet they don't even wear alternate jerseys. That is the way it should be.

I completely agree, but unlike the Yankees, the Mets have (unfortunately) worn this set, and for a number of years now. Yes, ideally, I'd like to see it vaporized as well. But if they can fix everything else and just have this as an additional jersey/cap, then it's one helluva step in the right direction.

Archived