2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

That would certainly be appropiate.

Quite a wild turn of events in Colorado :cry:

I think a black armband or a 7.20.12 black patch would be fine for the first game afterwards. If they want something permanent, I think a black armband would be the way to go.

Anubis.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it's such a diverse group of people to honor, I see a black armband too.

They can't just go NYPD/FDNY hats like the Mets did.

Speaking of the Metsies, I get the feeling they may wear black tomorrow. It's Edgardo Alfonzo bobblehead day and the doll is wearing the black alt. They did that on Franco bobblehead day.

I'd love to see this as a new Alt Cap for the Mets

(Its Mets blue not Navy, its the lighting)

2012-07-19210935.jpg

REALLY??? The white border around the NY is unnecessary... and i still would think it wouldnt look too good on the field

I'd love to see this as a new Alt Cap for the Mets

(Its Mets blue not Navy, its the lighting)

2012-07-19210935.jpg

I'll echo the sentiment that it's good, but not necessary. It would work for me if it were strictly paired only with the blue jersey. The orange logo outlined in white would mimic the text on the jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Any word on if the Rockies are going to be doing anything for the victims of the Dark Knight shooting tonight?

Likely a moment of silence, like the Jays did for the Eaton Centre shooting.

I would hope they would put some sort of patch on the sleeve of the jersey or even the city flag of Aurora on the sleeve or side of the cap.

mcbqza.jpg

By now everyone here has probably seen teams putting their logos on the mound. The Mets took it a step further earlier this year by putting their logo on their bullpen mound. At last night's game at Citi, the Dodgers logo was on the visitor's bullpen mound. I don't know which team was responsible.

Speaking of the Metsies, I get the feeling they may wear black tomorrow. It's Edgardo Alfonzo bobblehead day and the doll is wearing the black alt. They did that on Franco bobblehead day.

Which they are.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I don't like the Mets in black but once in a while like what they've done this year is a little refreshing. Kind of gives the Mets the night time feel and a little bit of uniqueness. I wouldn't cry about it if these were scrapped entirely from their style guide but maybe every once in a while throwback when they honor players from the 2000s is fine with me

Go A's!

I don't like the Mets in black but once in a while like what they've done this year is a little refreshing. Kind of gives the Mets the night time feel

Even in a 1pm start?

For some strange reason, watching highlights from yesterday's game didn't bother me. Obviously a night game makes more sense but maybe it was because they were honoring Alfonzo that it didn't really stick out to me

Go A's!

While we're on the subject of black jerseys and such at night, I've been thinking the last couple days, the Marlins should at least make the orange caps and jerseys the day game gear and the black the night gear. The orange just looks better in daytime (even if the roof is usually closed), plus you can do the whole "orange = Miami sunshine, black = Miami nightlife" thing. So basically the day options would be the white primary with orange cap and accessories (undershirts, socks, etc.) and orange jersey with the same "trimmings", and maybe the road jersey with orange cap and accessories. I was never in favor of the orange caps with road jerseys due to lack of much orange on the road uni, but seeing a mock-up with orange sleeves and socks, it doesn't look as bad. The night game gear would be primary whites with black caps/accessories and black jerseys with the same. The orange jersey could probably still be used whenever at night with the black cap and accessories, too. I don't know, just something I was thinking about. It'd get orange being used a little more often.

Archived