2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you find the low crown ones?

You usually have to order them online, either from New Era directly or a place like MinorLeagues.com.

Some teams carry them in their on-site team stores. The Astros have the authentic orange 1970's hat in low crown at Minute Maid Park. Oddly, that's the only low crown they carry.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

50icl0.jpg

Yep, that looks like a low-crown 59fifty to me.

tumblr_m7n7kufL1l1qd1u3yo1_1280.png

I still associate #31 with Dave Winfield, and was astonished to learn that it has been worn by twenty-two Yankees in the years between Winfield and Ichiro.

Popular number. Plus, Big Stein hated Winfield, so you know they weren't setting that number aside.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

50icl0.jpg

Yep, that looks like a low-crown 59fifty to me.

tumblr_m7n7kufL1l1qd1u3yo1_1280.png

I still associate #31 with Dave Winfield, and was astonished to learn that it has been worn by twenty-two Yankees in the years between Winfield and Ichiro.

Popular number. Plus, Big Stein hated Winfield, so you know they weren't setting that number aside.

He's a Padre, not a Yankee

Howie Spira!

Also, the Nats' curly W was on the visiting bullpen mound at Citi Field last night. The Dodgers' LA logo was there over the weekend so it looks like a new Citi Field thing.

White vs grey IS incredibly boring. The funniest part is that people will complain about, say, navy vs. black matchups or orange vs. red matchups as being "too close," and then defend white vs. grey (another close color matchup) as "tradition". Never mind the fact that this "tradition" has often been abandoned for decades.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I wouldn't like colour vs. colour every day, but I think once in a while it's a nice break from white vs. grey, especially when it's royal blue vs forest green. When you have the two best sets in the majors playing each other, though, you really can't go wrong with whichever jerseys they wear.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Twins+Angels+Baseball_Thom+(1).jpg

This pictures shows what irks me about the Angels and how they feel the need for the "Haloed A" appear 4 times between the cap and jersey. I think the A in the workmark needs to go; it's just awkwardly tacked on next to the rest letters.

So it'll just say 'NGELS' on the front??

Isn't it obvious why the Angels have 4 halos?

34o4zzd.png

What? If you have to explain a joke, it's a bad one. And this obviously is a bad joke because 99% of the people won't get it. The 1%? You.

Isn't it obvious why the Angels have 4 halos?

34o4zzd.png

What? If you have to explain a joke, it's a bad one. And this obviously is a bad joke because 99% of the people won't get it. The 1%? You.

I got it.. I didn't exactly laugh but I got it. No need to be so harsh man...

Archived