2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

2012 Mets Uni Changes

To summarize: "More Blue & Orange", closer to 1962 unis, blue jerseys as "special", black remains.

The change involves the script on three of their jerseys.

Which could only mean they're eliminating the black dropshadow on the pinstripes, the plain home and the road jerseys. Haleluiah!

The 1962 script on the the jerseys was thinner than what they wear now, too. Maybe they're headed back that way a little, too.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't want to continue the discussion in the Blue Jays thread so here it is...

Someone mentioned black and orange, while I've heard orange, light blue and silver. Here is a sample of what the promotional material looks like for the new ballpark:

photo5tn.jpg

photo1enf.jpg

photo2kgr.jpg

photo3zt.jpg

photo4lal.jpg

I...don't hate it. I could live with a team from Florida primarily orange, with a bright blue and yellow. The green is barely used in these images.

Maybe its just me, but I think a lot of people are reading WAY too much into the colors being utilized throughout the stadium. There is no way that the team will use all of those colors. Although I don't have any proof to back up my statement, I just don't think that they have anything to do with the team's identity. It was made pretty clear during the earlier artist's renderings and articles that the stadium decor would be influenced by the local art and culture...NOT the team's identity. Again, I can't prove it because I have not seen the new uniforms...but if I were a betting man I would bet the house that they will not have rainbow colors on their unis come November.

I didn't want to continue the discussion in the Blue Jays thread so here it is...

Someone mentioned black and orange, while I've heard orange, light blue and silver. Here is a sample of what the promotional material looks like for the new ballpark:

photo5tn.jpg

photo1enf.jpg

photo2kgr.jpg

photo3zt.jpg

photo4lal.jpg

I...don't hate it. I could live with a team from Florida primarily orange, with a bright blue and yellow. The green is barely used in these images.

Maybe its just me, but I think a lot of people are reading WAY too much into the colors being utilized throughout the stadium. There is no way that the team will use all of those colors. Although I don't have any proof to back up my statement, I just don't think that they have anything to do with the team's identity. It was made pretty clear during the earlier artist's renderings and articles that the stadium decor would be influenced by the local art and culture...NOT the team's identity. Again, I can't prove it because I have not seen the new uniforms...but if I were a betting man I would bet the house that they will not have rainbow colors on their unis come November.

2nd

Lets just put it in perspective. Sun Life Stadium has had a current pattern of orange and blue with yellow and green triangles painted in it for some time, and this never influenced the Dolphins to change their colors...

photo5tn.jpg

photo1enf.jpg

photo2kgr.jpg

photo3zt.jpg

photo4lal.jpg

2nd

Lets just put it in perspective. Sun Life Stadium has had a current pattern of orange and blue with yellow and green triangles painted in it for some time, and this never influenced the Dolphins to change their colors...

I think all of these thoughts about the Marlins using the colors of their stadium is based on a tweet that was posted here a few days ago. I don't know how reliable the source was, but apparently some "insider" tweeted something about the new Marlins color scheme being closely related to the colors of the stadium.

I don't think it's people just saying "oh their stadium is (insert colors here) so obviously that must be their color scheme."

But I agree, I would be quite surprised if they become a red/blue/yellow/green team.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Lukas says this morning that his sources with the Mets said the drop shadow is gone from the home uniforms in 2012. The sources wouldn't confirm anything concerning the roads.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

t looks like MLB shop is letting on to changes with the jays, marlins, o's, and royals having jerseys on sale.I

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

t looks like MLB shop is letting on to changes with the jays, marlins, o's, and royals having jerseys on sale.I

Would you or anyone else happen to know if the wordmark on a blank replica is the same (or similar) quality as an authentic? Obviously, I could buy a replica that is much cheaper than an authentic, then go about putting patches, NOB and numbers on it.

SO ANYWAY,

Here's all the updates we know for sure for next year:

Marlins: Overhaul. (Link has no new info, just common knowledge for a while around here)

Blue Jays: Overhaul.

Padres: Major changes.

Mets: Major changes, most likely involving dropping the black drop-shadow.

Royals: Probably dropping the powder blue cap.

Astros: Nothing but speculation.

Anything else so far?

SO ANYWAY,

Marlins: Overhaul. (Link has no new info, just common knowledge for a while around here)

Anything else so far?

Are dropping powder blue cap. Adding new alt. Changing a uniform.

Would you or anyone else happen to know if the wordmark on a blank replica is the same (or similar) quality as an authentic? Obviously, I could buy a replica that is much cheaper than an authentic, then go about putting patches, NOB and numbers on it.

Replicas are one stitched on twill that is then screened on the colors. If you want an authentic looking jersey you should just buy an authentic (if you can afford it) they are much better quality, materials, and are exactly what the pros wear. Adding patches to a replica would be a pain in my opinion. I would just leave a replica as is or buy an authentic.

P.s. A custom replica and an added patch would be near the same price as a blank authentic for some teams. If you have any other questions just PM me.

Are the royals dropping the powder jersey too, because it was also on sale?

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Replicas are one stitched on twill that is then screened on the colors. If you want an authentic looking jersey you should just buy an authentic (if you can afford it) they are much better quality, materials, and are exactly what the pros wear. Adding patches to a replica would be a pain in my opinion. I would just leave a replica as is or buy an authentic.

P.s. A custom replica and an added patch would be near the same price as a blank authentic for some teams. If you have any other questions just PM me.

and that is why ill never buy a jersey again. mlb realized they overprice thier authentic jerseys so fans were buying the replicas which looked identical to the authentics, at least my mets jerseys did. the replicas looks liek crap now with the screen pacthes instead of the layers like it use to have. Its a drastic notice on mets jerseys becasue the material is so different from the jersey is stands out so bad, and on the pinstripe jersey, the patch adds an un-nesssisary white outline on the scrpt that you can see the pinstripes under! the replicas look HORRIBLE ever since they switched it, and its all to get people to buy more authetincs for retarded prices because no one in thier right mind would want one of those cheap looking replicas anymore, the look almost as bad as being a china-knockoff to me.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

and that is why ill never buy a jersey again. mlb realized they overprice thier authentic jerseys so fans were buying the replicas which looked identical to the authentics, at least my mets jerseys did. the replicas looks liek crap now with the screen pacthes instead of the layers like it use to have. Its a drastic notice on mets jerseys becasue the material is so different from the jersey is stands out so bad, and on the pinstripe jersey, the patch adds an un-nesssisary white outline on the scrpt that you can see the pinstripes under! the replicas look HORRIBLE ever since they switched it, and its all to get people to buy more authetincs for retarded prices because no one in thier right mind would want one of those cheap looking replicas anymore, the look almost as bad as being a china-knockoff to me.

lets not go that far....at least they have the correct fonts now

spacer.png

spacer.png

SO ANYWAY,

Anything else so far?

Are dropping powder blue cap. Adding new alt. Changing a uniform.

Any black involved?

Wait, the Royals are now going to have THREE alternate jerseys?! What the hell?

Is it really that much of a stretch from teams that already have two alternates (Nationals, Indians, Giants, Padres, Pirates off the top of my head)?

Is it really that much of a stretch from teams that already have two alternates (Nationals, Indians, Giants, Padres, Pirates off the top of my head)?

Yeah but when you have a royal jersey and a light blue jersey, where do you go from there? Light blue already isn't really one of their colors, so do they go back to black? Or, could they be doing a second white one (maybe with the KC logo on the chest instead of the script?) Total guess there - I wouldn't even call that speculation.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm almost positive the Giants, Padres, and Pirates only have one alternate.

Of the top of my head these teams have two alternates:

Red Sox, Rays, Twins, Indians, Royals, Rangers, Mariners, Athletics, Braves, Mets, Nationals, Brewers, Astros, Rockies, and Diamondbacks,

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

Archived