2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

And while I see the merits of the original brown and yellow Padres set (while preferring something like what they wore in 2004), the brown and orange ones were pretty ugly. Bad numbers, ugly script.

Im just the opposite. I'll take the brown and orange any day over the brown and yellow.

Glad to know I am not alone. The script would have changed bynow but the scheme would still work.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First one is a crappy iPhone picture from CCSLC's resident Mets fan currently residing in San Diego (that's resident Mets fan currently in San Diego and not resident Mets fan [period] who happens to live in SD :P ):

Also note fake Chinese Mookie Wilson knockoff.

1223gddg.jpg

And some AP ones:

i-7.jpg

i-5.jpg

i-1.jpg

My take: Always fun to see the Mets in the racing stripes once every couple of years, no harm in that. My problem with them is when the "gig line" (that's what it's called right?) is misaligned and you have the stripe uneven at the waist. Also, most Mets went stirrups, always appreciated.

Also, it was 80's night at PETCO and I guess the 1989 uniforms won a vote from that decade, so that's why they went with the ones they did. No qualms with it for a once-off thing.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The Cardinals are wearing 1982 uniforms on Sunday. I'm not sure why they have both home and away uniforms. Nice touch remembering the black armband though.

1645cc7f.jpg

Cards wearing the white home uniforms from '82 on Saturday, and wearing the "victory blue" unis on Sunday. Brewers will be wearing throwbacks from same era on Saturday but not Sunday

The Cardinals are wearing 1982 uniforms on Sunday. I'm not sure why they have both home and away uniforms. Nice touch remembering the black armband though.

1645cc7f.jpg

Cards wearing the white home uniforms from '82 on Saturday, and wearing the "victory blue" unis on Sunday. Brewers will be wearing throwbacks from same era on Saturday but not Sunday

I'm surprised the Brewers are participating since they lost the 1982 World Series. Also, I wish they would move the Birds on the Bat higher up on their current jerseys like it was in 1982.

50103274.jpg

1645cc7f.jpg

I'm surprised the Brewers are participating since they lost the 1982 World Series. Also, I wish they would move the Birds on the Bat higher up on their current jerseys like it was in 1982.

50103274.jpg

The brewers honored the 82 pennant not that long ago

Vs the cardinals in Milwaukee. I think it was last season...

Anyone know if a team has done back to back throwbacks?

I know it's a contentious topic around here, but I think the Mets really need to go back to the racing stripe full time. They could really own that look.

No, they shouldn't. They're best left in the era they were worn in. Dusting them off once every couple of years is fun, but no, don't bring them back.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

1645cc7f.jpg

50103274.jpg

Normally I'd point out that the '82 team is beloved for reasons that go way beyond their accomplishments, as a far and after trading Grienke and throwing in the towel, this does feel like a huge kick in the nuts... as in "once again, here's the team we've been celebrating for 30 years because that's the last time your team was relevant."

And while I see the merits of the original brown and yellow Padres set (while preferring something like what they wore in 2004), the brown and orange ones were pretty ugly. Bad numbers, ugly script.

Im just the opposite. I'll take the brown and orange any day over the brown and yellow.

Glad to know I am not alone. The script would have changed bynow but the scheme would still work.

Absolutely. And I really don't mind the 80s script. I just like that brown/orange set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's weird that the Cards will wear road throwbacks at home, but I understand it. These days we romanticize the Victory/Power Blue uniforms as more than just road uniforms. They were a symbol of the era. And since wearing throwbacks on the road doesn't really serve the intended purpose, it's just a necessary weirdness.

The Royals have sort of found themselves in a similar boat when they decided to bring back the powder blue. They did it full time, of course, and chose to simply make it an alternate home uniform worn with white pants.

The black arm ban is a nice touch in honor of Kenny Boyer. I wonder if some of the reason for doing it is also to honor Darrell Porter & Bob Forsch, but maybe that's me wanting to read into it.

A little off topic, but in two weeks the Civil Rights Game will be played between the Atlanta Braves and Los Angeles Dodgers in Atlanta. Does anyone know which uniforms the teams will wear for the game on Sunday and also will they wear throwback uniforms for the game on Saturday like the Braves and Phillies did last year?

I was at the game and was kinda disappointed that they put that week anniversary logo on the sleeve. Also would have thought they would have made the scoreboard and other graphics at the game look more 1980 ish

Archived