2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Just for giggles, I tried it in a favorite font of mine, good old Peignot, which the Whiz Kids script ever-so-vaguely reminds me of:

wGkSN.jpg

Not 100% sold on it, but it's not without its charms. Needs a more distinctive P.

I will only accept this font for "Minneapolis".

Ha! I thought I'd dodge the reference. Silly me.

GuitarPunk2512, I think McCall is just stating his opinion without prefacing it with "I think that" or "I feel that," which pretty much all of us do.

I'm gonna tinker with that script till I get it to work, btw.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything, I like the maroon better when set against the gray as opposed to powder blue.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That's a terrible picture, and hardly representative.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this color scheme:

25592_01_lg.jpg

For whatever reason, the maroon on gray was not so popular in this area. Most likely because they were horrible at that time. They only wore it for 3 or 4 years IIRC.

I'll throw in a concept I just made.

conceptphilliesroadp.png

Make the number smaller and move it down a little and it's not that bad.

No. The number should be even with the logo. That crap that teams like the Pirates and Nats do with the number all the way at the bottom looks terrible. I agree the size could be reduced some, and the sleeve patch should be on the left sleeve.

That P simply doesn't work as a chest logo because of the loopy thing on the top left. In order to fit it in the space allocated for it, you have to account for the left side, which effectively cuts the meat of the letter in half. With the swirl-P, the entire letter takes up the space from east to west and north to south. With that P, the vertical bar is near the middle of where the letter goes, so it really only carries half the weight of the swirl P.

That P simply wasn't designed to be worn like that - script letters (or script-ish letters) belong with scripts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That P simply doesn't work as a chest logo because of the loopy thing on the top left. In order to fit it in the space allocated for it, you have to account for the left side, which effectively cuts the meat of the letter in half. With the swirl-P, the entire letter takes up the space from east to west and north to south. With that P, the vertical bar is near the middle of where the letter goes, so it really only carries half the weight of the swirl P.

That P simply wasn't designed to be worn like that - script letters (or script-ish letters) belong with scripts.

Idk, looks fine to me.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

One of my favorite uniforms for the Astros will be worn tonight during the Astros last Flashback Friday promotion.

Screen-shot-2012-08-10-at-16.37.40--590x607.png

Thoughts?

As to the Astros, their beat reporter said on Twitter tonight that the team wants to wear these uniforms on Saturday night as well after their walk-off win tonight, to keep the good karma going.

They wore them again, and walked off again. Only two walk-offs of the year for the Astros. They played a post-game interview on Quick Pitch in which the reporter asked about these "magic uniforms." Whoever answered (Scott Moore?) Said he hoped to wear them again Sunday and then take them on the road.

I'll say this: Seeing them in action makes me appreciate these much more. The bulky wordmark is offset by the simplicity of the rest of the look. And I always preferred this cap to the current.

Seeing these on the road would be awesome! Unlikely to happen but I'll keep wishing

The Astros did wear them for a 3rd game, but lost. The road versions did not make an appearance in Chicago tonight. Back to the regular -- look it's gray and maroon (okay, brick) -- road combo.

/failed attempt to make this about actual 2012 jerseys instead of Phillies concepts :)

The lighting at Yankee Stadium seems to be giving a blue hue to the uniforms (at least it appears that way watching ESPN). Texas' grays look like they're closer to powder blue.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The lighting at Yankee Stadium seems to be giving a blue hue to the uniforms (at least it appears that way watching ESPN). Texas' grays look like they're closer to powder blue.

Yeah something was off tonight, I couldn't figure it out, but the grass looked like turf.

Anubis.png

Quick Question: When does Majestic's deal end with MLB and is there any chance a different company could become the supplier?

They just reupped, either in 2011 or 2012. So it'll be 2016 or 2017 before anything changes if then. MLB is supposedly very happy with Majestic, so don't necessarily expect a change.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Just for giggles, I tried it in a favorite font of mine, good old Peignot, which the Whiz Kids script ever-so-vaguely reminds me of:

wGkSN.jpg

Not 100% sold on it, but it's not without its charms. Needs a more distinctive P.

I will only accept this font for "Minneapolis".

Ha! I thought I'd dodge the reference. Silly me.

On these boards? :P

Quick Question: When does Majestic's deal end with MLB and is there any chance a different company could become the supplier?

They just reupped, either in 2011 or 2012. So it'll be 2016 or 2017 before anything changes if then. MLB is supposedly very happy with Majestic, so don't necessarily expect a change.

Hopefully they continue for years to come. Absolutely love majestic jerseys.

Archived