2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Quick Question: When does Majestic's deal end with MLB and is there any chance a different company could become the supplier?

They just reupped, either in 2011 or 2012. So it'll be 2016 or 2017 before anything changes if then. MLB is supposedly very happy with Majestic, so don't necessarily expect a change.

Hopefully they continue for years to come. Absolutely love majestic jerseys.

Agreed.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick Question: When does Majestic's deal end with MLB and is there any chance a different company could become the supplier?

They just reupped, either in 2011 or 2012. So it'll be 2016 or 2017 before anything changes if then. MLB is supposedly very happy with Majestic, so don't necessarily expect a change.

Agreed.

Just wish they got rid of that annoying "cool-base" armpit contraption.

spacer.png

As per the Red Sox Twitter account, they will be wearing black armbands on their jerseys.

For the rest of the season? Okay.

I, however, was holding out for a small "6" patch on the left or right breast a-la Brewers during last year's playoffs.

spacer.png

Agreed.

Just wish they got rid of that annoying "cool-base" armpit contraption.

Henderson said in the new edition of his guide that some MLB teams are extremely disappointed in the way the armpits change color in regards to the rest of the jersey, especially in case of the greys. He cited the Dodgers as a team that wants to go to a full COOLBASE jersey (minus the underarm gussets).

And Toronto dropped COOLBASE in favor of traditional doubleknit for the 2012 redesign because they didn't like the way the material felt. COOLBASE has its advantages, but it has room for improvement and not everyone is happy with it. They'll never get 100% adoption as long as the gussets exists.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

As per the Red Sox Twitter account, they will be wearing black armbands on their jerseys.

I, however, was holding out for a small "6" patch on the left or right breast a-la Brewers during last year's playoffs.

According to ESPNBoston, the armbands are exclusive to the road grays, while the home white, home red, and road blue unis will each feature a white '6' inside a black circle (with a two-inch diameter). Not sure if the circle will be on the sleeve or chest.

According to ESPNBoston, the armbands are exclusive to the road grays, while the home white, home red, and road blue unis will each feature a white '6' inside a black circle (with a two-inch diameter). Not sure if the circle will be on the sleeve or chest.

I'm 90% sure it'll be on the left sleeve (as the Fenway 100th patch is on the right). Plus, if they were planning on putting the patch on the chest for the home uniforms, why wouldn't they do that on the road uniforms?

After seeing how classy the armband looked, though, I'm kinda glad they're sticking with it on the road.

spacer.png

Agreed.

Might be in the minority here, but Russell's authentics fit me a LOT better than Majestic ever has. I've got a size 44 94-96 road Cubs jersey Russell made that might be the best fitting jersey I own.

330zl3b.png

Agreed.

Might be in the minority here, but Russell's authentics fit me a LOT better than Majestic ever has. I've got a size 44 94-96 road Cubs jersey Russell made that might be the best fitting jersey I own.

Russell's MLB jerseys were fantastic. I don't think they bid for the MLB contract last time around. I heard two things: Majestic bid uncontested; and Majestic & Nike were the lone bidders. I don't know if Russell has any plans to get back into pro sports uniforms. They may be happy with HS & college right now.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

That's a terrible picture, and hardly representative.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this color scheme:

25592_01_lg.jpg

That's a beautiful jersey. I don't mind their current look, but I'd consider it an upgrade if they went back to this jersey and the corresponding whites (with a few tweaks, mostly in regards to the logo). Maroon and white (on a grey base on the road) is a great colour scheme on its own. It doesn't need powder blue.

Larry Lucchino wants the entire team to wear number 6 jerseys for a game (à la Jackie Robinson Day) then auction them off to benefit the Jimmy Fund.

Larry Lucchino Optimistic Red Sox Will Be Able to Wear No. 6 to Honor Johnny Pesky

Lucchino shared some of the team's preliminary plans, and said that he is optimistic the entire team will be able to sport No. 6 (Pesky's number) during Tuesday's game against the Angels. Lucchino said he spoke with the commissioner's office regarding the tribute, and he's hopeful it will become a reality.

I'm not sure how I feel about that...

I'm sure.

I hate it.

Black armbands are classy and a worthy tribute. If that's not enough, do what the Yankees sometimes do and put his number in black above the armband.

But dressing the entire team up in his jersey? I don't like it when MLB does it for Jackie Robinson, but at least he was a singular figure in the sport. Pesky was never anything close to Robinson.

Another showy, look-at-me-grieving promotion. Shameless.

Yeah, it's just the continual ramping up I have a problem with...

From black armbands to black numbers to specially designed patches with nicknames to everyone wears the number? Nah, the simpler the better in most cases.

From retired numbers to statues.

From the National Anthem to the National Anthem AND God Bless America.

From a home, road and an alt to alts for every holiday, country or the day you take out the recycling. (More NBA than MLB.)

I have no idea where it all leads.

What uniforms will the Braves and Dodgers be wearing for the Civil Rights Game this weekend?

i'm guessing regular jerseys

today both teams wore the regular hats with a civil rights game patch on the side

Braves actually wore the normal home hat with the red jerseys instead of the alt tomahawk A hat

What uniforms will the Braves and Dodgers be wearing for the Civil Rights Game this weekend?

i'm guessing regular jerseys

today both teams wore the regular hats with a civil rights game patch on the side

Braves actually wore the normal home hat with the red jerseys instead of the alt tomahawk A hat

Good guess. According to Braves beat writer at Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Braves and Dodgers will continue wearing normal unis with patches on the hats.

No throwbacks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm sure.

I hate it.

Black armbands are classy and a worthy tribute. If that's not enough, do what the Yankees sometimes do and put his number in black above the armband.

But dressing the entire team up in his jersey? I don't like it when MLB does it for Jackie Robinson, but at least he was a singular figure in the sport. Pesky was never anything close to Robinson.

You're right. That's how I feel too, now that I've had time to think about it.

The black armband on the road and the patch on all other uniforms is good enough. There's no need to put everyone in his uniform. For the Red Sox, there will never be another Johnny Pesky, and suddenly there being 25 people in his number is unsettling to say the least.

spacer.png

I'm sure.

I hate it.

You're right. That's how I feel too, now that I've had time to think about it.

The black armband on the road and the patch on all other uniforms is good enough. There's no need to put everyone in his uniform. For the Red Sox, there will never be another Johnny Pesky, and suddenly there being 25 people in his number is unsettling to say the least.

I find it's a bit over the top. If anything, they should wear his name and number on their BP jerseys for a game, like the Mets did for Gary Carter.

Archived