2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

200px-Dustin_Pedroia_2012_(cropped).jpg

heres an actual visual of the armband

I can't seem to find an actual image of the actual patch on an actual uniform during an actual game, but the "6" were on the navy road alts the other night against the Yankees.

Here is a photo showing the 6 patch.

1000x.jpg

is the 6 on a patch or straight up on the uniform like harmon killebrews memorial?

It appears to be a sewn on patch.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all the red sox players are wearing number 6 jerseys tonight

Too bad the ballplayers have upside-down nines instead of sixes. I wish they honored Pesky by wearing the uniforms as Johnny did: pants at the calf with socks showing.

los-angeles-angels-anaheim-v-20120821-163016-790.jpg

The Angels are also participating by wearing special patches. I'm sure these are going to be sold off to raise $ for the Jimmy Fund. The Trout and Pujols jerseys should go for a pretty penny.

los-angeles-angels-anaheim-v-20120821-170019-522.jpg

09292008_cd29pesky-6916831.jpg

I still think all 6s is overkill as a memorial (for anybody). Sets a bad precedent. The next time a team loses a guy whose number is retired, they might feel obligated. Everyone wearing 6 on the sleeve should be enough. And I have no idea what the Angels got pulled into, but if they have no connection to Pesky, they should have been left out, "for charity" or not.

The Red Sox never wore patches when Nick Adenhart died, so I disagree with the Angels wearing Pesky patches. :censored: the Red Sox.

Let's all let Johnny rest in peace. Any ill will from Sox or Angels fans should be directed toward the two under-achieving, grossly overpaid teams that will soon be put out to pasture.

That strikes me as being more than a little like honoring your mother's passing by wearing one of her dresses.

It's a showy, attention-seeking tribute to somebody who deserved the much more dignified tribute they're doing on every other day.

That strikes me as being more than a little like honoring your mother's passing by wearing one of her dresses.

It's a showy, attention-seeking tribute to somebody who deserved the much more dignified tribute they're doing on every other day.

Agreed, this is overkill. The patch is appropriate. How is there not a rule against this?

87Redskins.png

I thought they were just wearing them for warmups and introductions so I was cool with it, but having learned that they played the entire game wearing matching #6 jerseys, I have to change my stance. That's dumb and a step too far.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So shop.mlb is selling the 1991 throwback the phillies will wear tonight, if that is the one they will wear tonight its the wrong one. in 91 they had the ball stitching inside the logo on the chest like the cap does. it looks like its just the same jersey from last years 80s throwback and even that was wrong because it had no zipper

nevermind, just saw Tommy Greene and he had the right P on the Jersey. looks like they just have the wrong picture up on shop.mlb.com

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Phillies are indeed wearing the 90's version with the ball in P. Not just recycled 80s throwbacks from last year.

yea i overreacted because the one on shop.mlb.com was wrong. but yes they have the right P and even the numbers are outlined in white like they should be. also on a side note the hats look alot better too, they didnt go with that HUGE P they went with last year

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Agreed, this is overkill. The patch is appropriate. How is there not a rule against this?

Seriously, why does this bother anyone? Who does it hurt? This was something one team did for one night as a last tribute to a man that had an unusual connection to a team and a fanbase. Its not like every team was asked to do this. Nobody is asking the rest of the country to feel about this the way the red sox do. Why does anyone else even care? How does it affect you?

Seriously, why does this bother anyone? Who does it hurt? This was something one team did for one night as a last tribute to a man that had an unusual connection to a team and a fanbase. Its not like every team was asked to do this. Nobody is asking the rest of the country to feel about this the way the red sox do. Why does anyone else even care? How does it affect you?

Yes why is this so terrible for one game. To me teams should have the discretion to do as they see fit for one game. I think of things like the controversy with the Mets wanting to wear first respnder caps last year like they had done in the aftermath of 9/11. There is just no good reason why MLB needs to "approve" these things.

mets.png

Archived