2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, the Royals are now going to have THREE alternate jerseys?! What the hell?

Is it really that much of a stretch from teams that already have two alternates (Nationals, Indians, Giants, Padres, Pirates off the top of my head)?

I'm almost positive the Giants, Padres, and Pirates only have one alternate.

Of the top of my head these teams have two alternates:

Red Sox, Rays, Twins, Indians, Royals, Rangers, Mariners, Athletics, Braves, Mets, Nationals, Brewers, Astros, Rockies, and Diamondbacks,

Correction: Houston has three alternates (brick home, brick road, white Saturday/day game). THREE alternates!!! WHY?!?!?!?!

The Twins have 3 alts (the 2 navy blues and the cream pinstripes they've made the home uniform after Killebrew's death). And the Rockies might too. Do they still wear the CR vest jersey?

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Is it really that much of a stretch from teams that already have two alternates (Nationals, Indians, Giants, Padres, Pirates off the top of my head)?

I'm almost positive the Giants, Padres, and Pirates only have one alternate.

Of the top of my head these teams have two alternates:

Red Sox, Rays, Twins, Indians, Royals, Rangers, Mariners, Athletics, Braves, Mets, Nationals, Brewers, Astros, Rockies, and Diamondbacks,

You are correct, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed me meant in the past several years. The Giants had two black alts in 2001, the Pirates had the pointless pinstriped unis with the black and ketchup jerseys in separate years, and the Padres had solid white and navy alts circa 1998.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Are dropping powder blue cap. Adding new alt. Changing a uniform.

I've heard the Royals will only have two alternate jerseys. The new alternate (powder blue) is replacing the old one.

Hopefully that means the wordmark will be changed to white with a blue outline, and not something dumb like going with KC on the chest.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I know I'm probably repeating myself. But we've been hearing tons of whispers about the Marlins & Blue Jays, a little about the Mets, and no one else...

ARE the Padres going to have major changes in 2012? (God I hope so...) One of our "insiders" said so back in July, I've heard nothing else since then......

Wow. Either that's real or someone is using the arched block, ?'s and MLB logo from the Marlins leak and trying to fool us.

*Brain still deciding if I like it or not.*

It's as real as the Marlins logo. I am pretty sure that I got it from the same t-shirt file that Trevis took that from.

BCBannersSig.png

Archived