2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gde0i.jpg

Eh.

If that's the actual new logo I'd be very disappointed.

I could live with it. Keep in mind, this is a single-color logo, and a pretty blurry one at that.

Chris' article got me pretty excited, I'll admit.

As for the new Astros logo, I?ve been told it will be a new design for the team but similar to other recent new MLB team logos in San Diego and Washington, hard to get excited about that aspect of the new look.

So the H-star logo in a circle with "HOUSTON ASTROS" scripted above and below. Yawn.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

As a fan of the past two Astros identities,I was still looking forward to the old set with the shooting star. No shooting star based off the description would kill it for me. Just sounds bland And does nothing more to show they are a "space team" then the current set. That was a big complaint of the current set.

I can give a team more credit for trying something different or outrageous then playing it too simple.

As a fan of the past two Astros identities,I was still looking forward to the old set with the shooting star. No shooting star based off the description would kill it for me. Just sounds bland And does nothing more to show they are a "space team" then the current set. That was a big complaint of the current set.

I can give a team more credit for trying something different or outrageous then playing it too simple.

The lack of shooting stars is just killer. Everyone in town was actually pumped to see those come back. The shooting stars were very well-received this year in the throwback games. Crane is not exactly hitting every note correctly so far. The potential Clemens clown show, the probably screw up with the new uniforms, even floating a name change, and the AL move are huge strikes against him.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

This is ridiculous. I can think of a handful of concepts that CCSLC members have made that would be more creative than that lifeless logo that is shown. I would put it into the category of the San Diego Padres in that it's basically a carbon copy of corporate, austere roundels that have spawned into existence in the 2000s era. So much potential, yet so frustratingly underwhelming. On the topic of the possible 2013 uniforms, I don't get the point of turning back to the 1960s without including the "shooting star" aspect! That would be like turning back to the "rainbow guts" era but not including the rainbow guts. Like seriously Astros? I was so hyped up for the unveiling but now I'm expecting a "2012 Padres" type rebrand.

EDIT: Look above my post and you'll see what creativity is.

THREEDIT: Oh what the heck, why not:

23jg6y8.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

This is ridiculous. I can think of a handful of concepts that CCSLC members have made that would be more creative than that lifeless logo that is shown. I would put it into the category of the San Diego Padres in that it's basically a carbon copy of corporate, austere roundels that have spawned into existence in the 2000s era. So much potential, yet so frustratingly underwhelming. On the topic of the possible 2013 uniforms, I don't get the point of turning back to the 1960s without including the "shooting star" aspect! That would be like turning back to the "rainbow guts" era but not including the rainbow guts. Like seriously Astros? I was so hyped up for the unveiling but now I'm expecting a "2012 Padres" type rebrand.

EDIT: Look above my post and you'll see what creativity is.

THREEDIT: Oh what the heck, why not:

23jg6y8.png

that is a very cool concept!

Pretty disappointing...I knew they really liked the 60's uniforms but I was really hoping they went with navy-gold rather than navy-orange. Imo the 90's uniforms were an update/couple tweaks away from perfection and really capturing the futuristic, cutting-edge space theme. Now its just another team (without the shooting star) with navy and orange. I still think they'll look nice, but they could have been far more unique and owned navy (or black) and gold.

I think a simplified shooting star like this would've been ideal. Maybe a different font, but still. Maybe they just meant there won't be the big shooting star like the throwbacks, but rather simple like this or maybe some form of star, with the shooting streaks or not, within the wordmark. Maybe they just didn't want to give away too much info... I'm just grasping for straws here.

But it looks like the "wordmark only/no star" treatment is what they're taking away from the current brick era uniforms.

Hopefully some of the info is wrong and they go with a shooting star. I think the Astros need something a little "out there". Also, I hope they pick navy or blue for the hat and stick with it. Don't do the "we're orange at home but navy on the road, lol!" crap. Wear the same cap home and road.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived