2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Texas Texases need stop having two primary colors. They need to pick red, or preferably pick blue, but stop mismatching hats/helmets/lettering/socks. And stop having their stadium look like their state and national flag.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Texas Texases need stop having two primary colors. They need to pick red, or preferably pick blue, but stop mismatching hats/helmets/lettering/socks. And stop having their stadium look like their state and national flag.

Yeah, today's matchup was a bit hideous to look at.

When it's blue on blue, it's okay. Red on red, uhhh just not good.

The fact that all three of these exist probably isn't a good thing:

pMLB2-13938918dt.jpg

pMLB2-13938907dt.jpg

pMLB2-13938929dt.jpg

I really hope these are just fashion caps. It will look so stupid otherwise...

Sadly, this is real. At the Modell's Sporting Goods I work at, we are selling the Nationals home hats. The Postseason "patch" on the side is more of a glued on felt type of patch. Selling at $38.99 too. I am sorry...I am not buying it. The only one I'd buy is if it had a World Series patch on it and that's about it.

The fact that all three of these exist probably isn't a good thing:

pMLB2-13938918dt.jpg

pMLB2-13938907dt.jpg

pMLB2-13938929dt.jpg

I really hope these are just fashion caps. It will look so stupid otherwise...

Sadly, this is real. At the Modell's Sporting Goods I work at, we are selling the Nationals home hats. The Postseason "patch" on the side is more of a glued on felt type of patch. Selling at $38.99 too. I am sorry...I am not buying it. The only one I'd buy is if it had a World Series patch on it and that's about it.

This smells of the ASG "signed" patches. Probably won't last too long. At least I hope not.

Anubis.png

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I disagree. Go all royal blue and it might be too-Cubs, Dodgers, Royals. Not exact, but a step closer. Go all-red, and it's way too Angels because of the font similarities, not to mention some of the other red teams.

They have managed to be both blue and red, which is an identity in itself. I even like the red caps, socks and helmets with the home jersey (blue lettering). In fact that might be my favorite of theirs, since it's theirs alone. At one point not long ago, every navy and red team used red lettering with blue trim, until the Twins and Indians went the opposite.

And the Rangers ownership has absolutely draped themselves and their stadium in the Texas flag, so I'm sure they'd take your last sentence as a compliment. Perhaps they could even take a cue from college football and get their mismatched fans in order section-by section and make an actual Texas flag in the stands.

Via MLB.com:

Astros announce plans for Nov. 2 launch party

HOUSTON, TX - The Houston Astros will reveal the club’s new uniforms, logos, color schemes and mascot for the 2013 season at a Launch Party on Friday, Nov. 2. The event will be held on the field at Minute Maid Park, with stadium doors opening at 5 p.m.

On hand for the party, the Astros will bring in current players Jose Altuve, Lucas Harrell, Jordan Lyles and Justin Maxwell, and future players Carlos Correa, Jarred Cosart, Jon Singleton and George Springer for a fashion show.

Upon entrance, fans can interact on the field with Astros personnel before the program begins at 6 p.m. with a series of video presentations. Food and beverages will be available. Following the videos, the players will be introduced for the fashion show, at which point the club’s new identity will be revealed.

After the unveiling, the club’s new merchandise will be available for purchase directly from the home and visitor dugouts, which are being transformed into merchandise stands for the night. Hats and jerseys will be available for purchase.

Admission to the party is free, but it does require an entrance voucher, which are available at Astros.com.

Astros Owner & Chairman Jim Crane, Astros President & CEO George Postolos and Astros General Manager Jeff Luhnow will be in attendance at the program.

The media are invited to attend, but need to request entrance through the Astros Media Relations Department.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Via MLB.com:

Astros announce plans for Nov. 2 launch party

HOUSTON, TX - The Houston Astros will reveal the club’s new uniforms, logos, color schemes and mascot for the 2013 season at a Launch Party on Friday, Nov. 2. The event will be held on the field at Minute Maid Park, with stadium doors opening at 5 p.m.

On hand for the party, the Astros will bring in current players Jose Altuve, Lucas Harrell, Jordan Lyles and Justin Maxwell, and future players Carlos Correa, Jarred Cosart, Jon Singleton and George Springer for a fashion show.

Upon entrance, fans can interact on the field with Astros personnel before the program begins at 6 p.m. with a series of video presentations. Food and beverages will be available. Following the videos, the players will be introduced for the fashion show, at which point the club’s new identity will be revealed.

After the unveiling, the club’s new merchandise will be available for purchase directly from the home and visitor dugouts, which are being transformed into merchandise stands for the night. Hats and jerseys will be available for purchase.

Admission to the party is free, but it does require an entrance voucher, which are available at Astros.com.

Astros Owner & Chairman Jim Crane, Astros President & CEO George Postolos and Astros General Manager Jeff Luhnow will be in attendance at the program.

The media are invited to attend, but need to request entrance through the Astros Media Relations Department.

Launch party? I get it...

Archived