marlinfan

2012 MLB & Logo Changes

Via MLB.com:

Astros announce plans for Nov. 2 launch party

HOUSTON, TX - The Houston Astros will reveal the club?s new uniforms, logos, color schemes and mascot for the 2013 season at a Launch Party on Friday, Nov. 2. The event will be held on the field at Minute Maid Park, with stadium doors opening at 5 p.m.

On hand for the party, the Astros will bring in current players Jose Altuve, Lucas Harrell, Jordan Lyles and Justin Maxwell, and future players Carlos Correa, Jarred Cosart, Jon Singleton and George Springer for a fashion show.

Upon entrance, fans can interact on the field with Astros personnel before the program begins at 6 p.m. with a series of video presentations. Food and beverages will be available. Following the videos, the players will be introduced for the fashion show, at which point the club?s new identity will be revealed.

After the unveiling, the club?s new merchandise will be available for purchase directly from the home and visitor dugouts, which are being transformed into merchandise stands for the night. Hats and jerseys will be available for purchase.

Admission to the party is free, but it does require an entrance voucher, which are available at Astros.com.

Astros Owner & Chairman Jim Crane, Astros President & CEO George Postolos and Astros General Manager Jeff Luhnow will be in attendance at the program.

The media are invited to attend, but need to request entrance through the Astros Media Relations Department.

Probably the most excite I've been for the Astros in a while.

Via MLB.com:

Astros announce plans for Nov. 2 launch party

HOUSTON, TX - The Houston Astros will reveal the club's new uniforms, logos, color schemes and mascot for the 2013 season at a Launch Party on Friday, Nov. 2. The event will be held on the field at Minute Maid Park, with stadium doors opening at 5 p.m.

On hand for the party, the Astros will bring in current players Jose Altuve, Lucas Harrell, Jordan Lyles and Justin Maxwell, and future players Carlos Correa, Jarred Cosart, Jon Singleton and George Springer for a fashion show.

Upon entrance, fans can interact on the field with Astros personnel before the program begins at 6 p.m. with a series of video presentations. Food and beverages will be available. Following the videos, the players will be introduced for the fashion show, at which point the club's new identity will be revealed.

After the unveiling, the club's new merchandise will be available for purchase directly from the home and visitor dugouts, which are being transformed into merchandise stands for the night. Hats and jerseys will be available for purchase.

Admission to the party is free, but it does require an entrance voucher, which are available at Astros.com.

Astros Owner & Chairman Jim Crane, Astros President & CEO George Postolos and Astros General Manager Jeff Luhnow will be in attendance at the program.

The media are invited to attend, but need to request entrance through the Astros Media Relations Department.

Probably the most excite I've been for the Astros in a while.

I'd love to get something immediately, but the Astros Team Store is notorious for overpricing everything by 10-20%. I'd rather buy it from MLBShop and get the discount but wait 10 days to get it.

Having said that, I'm 50/50 on going to this. It could be fun.

Good to finally see a set date for the unveiling. Hopefully the new brand won't be as bland as people are currently being led to believe.

Sidenote: I was unable to get a screenshot, but I noticed during tonight's Phils-Nats game one of the Nats coaches in the dugout was wearing the road cap (navy blue crown, red bill) while everyone else wore the correct solid red home cap. Anyone else see this?

I don't know why people are still complaining; the Rangers are not going to change this anytime soon.

This is also what Roger Goodell said about the refs!

I don't know why people are still complaining; the Rangers are not going to change this anytime soon.

Is this humor a bottle of hydrogen peroxide? Because it's topical!

But unlike Goodell, the Rangers make money hand over fist with both primary colors and the fanbase simply doesn't care enough to change it, especially since we've been very successful as of late.

I also forgot to mention - and someone probably already has - that Mike Napoli wears a black helmet under his catcher's mask. Basically a black version of the blue cap. That I'm not a fan of. The Rangers can use to lose black from their scheme.

I also forgot to mention - and someone probably already has - that Mike Napoli wears a black helmet under his catcher's mask. Basically a black version of the blue cap. That I'm not a fan of. The Rangers can use to lose black from their scheme.

The rumor is that he ordered it when the Miami Heat were tearing it up in the NBA. Torrealba and Soto have used colors from the team cap whenever they have been part of the starting battery.

The rumor is that he ordered it when the Miami Heat were tearing it up in the NBA. Torrealba and Soto have used colors from the team cap whenever they have been part of the starting battery.

Ah, thanks. Now I like it even less. :)

The fact that all three of these exist probably isn't a good thing:

pMLB2-13938918dt.jpg

pMLB2-13938907dt.jpg

pMLB2-13938929dt.jpg

I really hope these are just fashion caps. It will look so stupid otherwise...

Sadly, this is real. At the Modell's Sporting Goods I work at, we are selling the Nationals home hats. The Postseason "patch" on the side is more of a glued on felt type of patch. Selling at $38.99 too. I am sorry...I am not buying it. The only one I'd buy is if it had a World Series patch on it and that's about it.

This smells of the ASG "signed" patches. Probably won't last too long. At least I hope not.

That's how the Red Sox 100th Anniversary cap patch was, too.

I don't think any New Era patches are actually sewn on anymore.

The fact that all three of these exist probably isn't a good thing:

pMLB2-13938918dt.jpg

pMLB2-13938907dt.jpg

pMLB2-13938929dt.jpg

I really hope these are just fashion caps. It will look so stupid otherwise...

Sadly, this is real. At the Modell's Sporting Goods I work at, we are selling the Nationals home hats. The Postseason "patch" on the side is more of a glued on felt type of patch. Selling at $38.99 too. I am sorry...I am not buying it. The only one I'd buy is if it had a World Series patch on it and that's about it.

This smells of the ASG "signed" patches. Probably won't last too long. At least I hope not.

That's how the Red Sox 100th Anniversary cap patch was, too.

I don't think any New Era patches are actually sewn on anymore.

My Buffalo Bisons hat has a sewn on ASG logo.

All the MLB on-field hat patches since 2007 have been like that. Maybe even earlier, but the first time I noticed it was on my 2007 Rockies WS fitted. Since then all the WS, ASG, Anniversary patches have been the glued on felt-like material. Even the Yankees Old-Timers Day patches were ike that this year, so this isn't anything new.

As for these postseason patches, I'm honestly surprised it took them this long to do this. I honestly don't mind them too much, depending on the team's color scheme, but like everything else with New Era & MLB, it's all about the $$$. I'll probably buy one, but only to feed my ridiculous hat addiction. If the Yankees don't make the WS, then I'll probably get theirs, same with the Nats. If they both make the Series, then I'll probably go with a home alt Braves cap. I think they look horrible on the Baltimore, Oakland, & Giants caps, though.

There is a special Triple Crown logo being shown on MLB Network.

miggy_bg.jpg

Makes you wonder if these are made every year if someone is close

All the MLB on-field hat patches since 2007 have been like that. Maybe even earlier, but the first time I noticed it was on my 2007 Rockies WS fitted. Since then all the WS, ASG, Anniversary patches have been the glued on felt-like material. Even the Yankees Old-Timers Day patches were ike that this year, so this isn't anything new.

No, it's absolutely not anything new. In fact, my very first post on the boards here were about the current patches, and I'm pushing close to a decade here now. The very first time I noticed this style of patch, and I'm pretty sure the first time they were used, was for the 2004 All Star Game.

But even before the current style of patch, when they were sewn patches, they were still glued/heat pressed on.

Did the logo really need Black in it? The "Triple Crown" font needs some tweaks, the "R" can easily be mis-read for an "A". I also don't like how choppy the outside/top of the crown looks. It is very bottom heavy too, overall not bad, but could be better.