2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

My prediction for the Padres is the route that the Tucson Padres went last season... current colors, old graphics.

The Tucson Padres actually wear blue and gray, which means they were a trial run for the big league team if they really are dumping sand.

Sweet, Ray Lankford has joined the boards. Nice to have a former MLB player providing an inside scoop on things. Who knew he was a logo nerd?

Apparently he's been here for 3 years!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction for the Padres is the route that the Tucson Padres went last season... current colors, old graphics.

Incorrect.

I haven't seen the new Padres look but my prediction is current logo, blue and white colour scheme.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The apparent Padres changes are a huge disappointment. As mentioned above, they are repeating the move of going from blue/secondary/white to blue/white. And this despite the great option of being unique by using an under-used color like brown, which will obviously be well received by a lot of fans. Very disappointing...I wanted brown/orange, but I at least thought they'd go brown/yellow. Boo, hiss.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Incorrect.

I haven't seen the new Padres look but my prediction is current logo, blue and white colour scheme.

Man, if that's the case I am seriously disappointed. Unless they come up with some kind of super-duper script font for the uniform fronts (we already know the cap logo will remain the same) it will be a major disappointment. Worst-case scenario is simply removing the sand shadow on the home uniforms and sand primary color on the script of the alternate uniform, thus rendering us with a uniform set that has two-dimensional scripting. This works for the Dodgers and Yankees, but with the Padres current script style I think it would look incredibly bland and boring.

Incorrect.

aww man :(

New prediction: This will be the first of 7 uniform changes for the Padres in the next 10 years

I wish they would just choose something and stick with it.

70389454.png

Mets radio announcer Howie Rose just said the Mets will most likely be getting new road uni's next year that will look "a whole lot better." He can't stand the black, so I'm guessing they'll be getting rid of it from the roads.

Their away set looks much, much better.

Does it still have the ugly Red Sox ripoff lettering, or have they finally come to their senses and used a matching script "New York"?

Script font has not changed. Both home and away wordmarks have received slight modifications. Take that however you will.

Archived