2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Their away set looks much, much better.

Does it still have the ugly Red Sox ripoff lettering, or have they finally come to their senses and used a matching script "New York"?

Script font has not changed. Both home and away wordmarks have received slight modifications. Take that however you will.

no dropshadow....?

:)

sig2024.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it still have the ugly Red Sox ripoff lettering, or have they finally come to their senses and used a matching script "New York"?

Script font has not changed. Both home and away wordmarks have received slight modifications. Take that however you will.

no dropshadow....?

The change is on three of their uniforms.

I may have found a Padres leak. Tinypic is just not working right now. I'm trying to show you guys but I can't. Type in "2012 San Diego Padres" in google. Second row in the middle somewhere.

Is this real guys? It might not be but it's worth a shot.

It looks like a navy script for home with a gray drop shawdow. The road still has that stupid bow-tie look. The new "SD" is a shoulder patch. The blue alternate has a gray script and numbers outlined in white. If this is true, there is barely any sand whatsoever.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I may have found a Padres leak. Tinypic is just not working right now. I'm trying to show you guys but I can't. Type in "2012 San Diego Padres" in google. Second row in the middle somewhere.

Is this real guys? It might not be but it's worth a shot.

It looks like a navy script for home with a gray drop shawdow. The road still has that stupid bow-tie look. The new "SD" is a shoulder patch. The blue alternate has a gray script and numbers outlined in white. If this is true, there is barely any sand whatsoever.

I assume this is what you are referencing:

SanDiegoPadresJerseyHistory2012.jpg

no dropshadow....?

The change is on three of their uniforms.

certainly sounds like no dropshadow on the pins, snow whites and road grays. black alts remain for another year until a regular version of the los mets replaces them in '13.

sig2024.png

How about some Royals hints? Maybe a return to block letters on the road jerseys?

Seconded.

I was wondering(read brainstorming, not predicting) if they might go crazy and go to a legit throwback powder blue road uni. The team has never been to the playoffs without the powder blue roads and I think they only have 2 winning seasons without them. I say they should go with it.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

We know they are dropping the powder blue hat (at least I think that's what was said earlier.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived