2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Padres really are against brown/yellow, I love the idea of using the Chargers' colors.

sqJJV.jpg

I don't know, this looks A LOT better:

PadresFauxback70.jpg

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Just a quick Padres guess, if I may:

I think I read somewhere here that the bow-tie script is gone. Does that mean we're looking at an arched road script here?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I think I read somewhere here that the bow-tie script is gone. Does that mean we're looking at an arched road script here?

I sure hope it is. That script has looked like :censored: from day one. I thought it would grow on me with time, but it hasn't.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I've read every day and love following these leaks--it's the best part of the forum. I love the Blue Jays' semi-return, not sure about the Marlins' move (my 15-year-old says "Okay, that's messed up" and my wife just shook her head), but the biggest thing I'm thinking about is the Padres. It seems all the comments point toward navy, gray and white. I just can't believe it. I'm so disappointed. I love the old Pads' brown-n-yellow look Gothamite trots out periodically, and I also really like the brown-n-yellow fauxback above, especially with the inclusion of the road hat. I just can't believe the Padres are further distancing themselves from any sort of originality. Very sad. Mind-boggling, really, to me. What a missed opportunity to recharge interest amongst fans.

I sure hope it is. That script has looked like :censored: from day one. I thought it would grow on me with time, but it hasn't.

Considering that they ripped it from the visitor's bureau, it never came close to even remotely matching.

VmWIn6B.png

If the Padres really are against brown/yellow, I love the idea of using the Chargers' colors.

sqJJV.jpg

PadresFauxback70.jpg

I don't know about their primary logo going those colors, invites too much potty humor. But change that and I agree.

sqJJV.jpg

PadresFauxback70.jpg

I don't know about their primary logo going those colors, invites too much potty humor. But change that and I agree.

Yeah, that was my thought (about the logo). I was going to mention that in my original post but forgot to.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I love the brown and gold concept there, but I think the logo would HAVE to change. Recoloring the primary changes it from looking like an ocean to a sand dune.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

i think im in the minority here but i HATE the brown and yellow theme for the pardres, it looks flat out discusting to me. on the other hand, the padres in the chargers colors looks absolutley amazing to me. just the way nazy, white, yellow, and powder blue combine just looks so much better than their current look and the brown and yellow.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

i think im in the minority here but i HATE the brown and yellow theme for the pardres, it looks flat out discusting to me. on the other hand, the padres in the chargers colors looks absolutley amazing to me. just the way nazy, white, yellow, and powder blue combine just looks so much better than their current look and the brown and yellow.

If you are in the minority, then I am right there with you. I've always thought the brown and yellow looked like :censored:... literally. Just because something might have worked 30 years ago doesn't mean it will work today.

San Diego is a military town... what about some combination of navy, khaki, and army green?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I love the brown and gold concept there, but I think the logo would HAVE to change. Recoloring the primary changes it from looking like an ocean to a sand dune.

You could always do the next best thing..........take the wave out and replace it with the friar.

sdpadreslogo1.png

while I don't think this logo is the best possible solution to the problem, I actually can't help but think that it is a giant step in the right direction

I didn't notice it all season long, but it's different from their jersey. The Dodgers made another super duper teeny weeny subtle change on their road jerseys in 2002 by adjusting the Ss and adding a loop across the O on the "Los Angeles." You know how long it took for me to notice that as a jersey collector?....... 8 years. Yes, 8 years later in 2010. Where did I discover that subtle change on the Dodgers 2002-2006 grey road jerseys?Yup, you guessed it. Sportslogos.net

It took me ten minutes staring at it to realize anything was different other than a thicker baseball and flight lines. Looks cleaner now

I'm not sure if the ball/flight-lines were made more bold or if my version of the older logo just didn't have the right lines... regardless, they also changed the 'D' and the 'o' in 'Dodgers' slightly - I run down all the changes in that article linked to about 4 posts up

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived