2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.sportslogos.net/blog/2011/09/25/dodgers-change-logo-nobody-notices/

Interesting article on this very site about the Dodgers changes for 2012.

Will the script on the jersey be chnaged to match the one in the logo?

59343_01_lg.jpg

The script currently on the jersey, which has been there for ages, is the one that was put in the new primary logo. My guess for the changes is nothing more than dropping the LA sleeve patch.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I'm sorry if this was already mentioned. But a few days ago (Saturday, I think) the D-Backs wore black jerseys with "Los D-Backs" on the front. First time I had personally seen them, not sure if they are old news.

They have worn the Los D-Backs jerseys once every season since 2008. They always do it on a Saturday, when they would normally be wearing the black alternates, so the Spanish jerseys have also always been black.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

The script currently on the jersey, which has been there for ages, is the one that was put in the new primary logo. My guess for the changes is nothing more than dropping the LA sleeve patch.

I'm afraid not.

Here's the primary, old and new:

LA-Dodgers-compare-329x450.gif

And here's the jersey script:

6gwdfu3zzbrkedgh6ielhq06e.gif

Although the "D" in the new primary script is slighly closer to the jersey script, it's still not the same. And the jersey script actually connects the "D" and "o", so the removal of the leading script makes the two scripts even more different than they were before.

Hope you're right about the patch, though.

I'm afraid not.

Wow, that's pretty pointless. When I saw the logo change I just assumed that the Dodgers were finally matching it to the jersey script, much like a concept made here by user Kevinmets. (I'll post a link if I can find it).

As for the patch, the only reason I think that is because on the mothership it is showing the blue interlocking LA with a white background as 2007-2011, hinting that maybe it has been taken off the jerseys.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I'm afraid not.

Wow, that's pretty pointless. When I saw the logo change I just assumed that the Dodgers were finally matching it to the jersey script, much like a concept made here by user Kevinmets. (I'll post a link if I can find it).

As for the patch, the only reason I think that is because on the mothership it is showing the blue interlocking LA with a white background as 2007-2011, hinting that maybe it has been taken off the jerseys.

The 'LA' is getting a similarly impossible-to-notice tweak, they haven't used it anywhere yet (not that I'd notice if they were) so we've yet to put it up

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Any word on Atlanta changes?

New alternate coming.

Jersey and hat, just jersey, or just hat?

Jersey and pant set, including an already existing hat. (And it looks fricking awesome. Possibly one of my favorite additions league-wide.)

So a third set of pants? Wonder what it could look like. We can eliminate the lower case 'a' jerseys because you said it goes with a current cap, correct? So it would have to go with the home, road abomination, or the Sunday abomination. Hmm...

Any word on Atlanta changes?

New alternate coming.

Jersey and hat, just jersey, or just hat?

Jersey and pant set, including an already existing hat. (And it looks fricking awesome. Possibly one of my favorite additions league-wide.)

Huh? They are pairing a new jersey and pants combo with an existing alternate hat?

Are they eliminating any alternates or will they have five jerseys?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

My first guess for Atlanta was a throwback, like from the 70s.

I don't suppose there is any definite word on the changes the Mariners are making next year? Looking at their MLB shop, they have the dark navy jerseys on discount.

I can't help but to start over-thinking here. :suspect:

Archived