2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

On the Orioles logo page, the following have been changed from 20**-Pres, to 20**-2011:

Orioles Baseball MD flag shoulder patch

Baltimore script on grey

Baltimore script on black

Realistic bird cap logo

Home uniform

Road uniform

Alternate uniform

Is this a good indication that all of these things will be replaced, tweaked or cancelled for 2012?

Good Lord I hope they don't get rid of the Baltimore script on the roads...they finally got it right, and now they're about to cancel it out again?!

CURSE YOU PETER ANGELOS!

I'm thinking it might only have to do with the sleeve patch, which I think will be replaced by the Camden Yards anniversary patch next year. If not, I'm hoping it's just a minor tweak. I can't believe they'd pull Bmore from the road jerseys so soon, or ever again for that matter.

The roads will still have Baltimore on them... the home and road caps are changing though

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1318874897' post='1662658']

hey finally got it right, and now they're about to cancel it out again?!

CURSE YOU PETER ANGELOS!

Overreaction maybe? There has been no indication so far that the script is changing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hopefully they tweak the Baltimore roadmark and fix the flaws we found on its unveiling. The top and bottom of the letters are on the same slope as with the Orioles wordmark, but since there are two extra letters on the end smaller than on the Orioles script, it throws off the entire Balt script and makes it look like it's on a sharper angle than the Orioles one does. It doesn't look right. They should match the first and last letter height to that of the Orioles script and fit the other letters in between.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm thinking it might only have to do with the sleeve patch, which I think will be replaced by the Camden Yards anniversary patch next year. If not, I'm hoping it's just a minor tweak. I can't believe they'd pull Bmore from the road jerseys so soon, or ever again for that matter.

I'm more intrigued by the hat. By the way, I like your avatar.

Hopefully they tweak the Baltimore roadmark and fix the flaws we found on its unveiling. The top and bottom of the letters are on the same slope as with the Orioles wordmark, but since there are two extra letters on the end smaller than on the Orioles script, it throws off the entire Balt script and makes it look like it's on a sharper angle than the Orioles one does. It doesn't look right. They should match the first and last letter height to that of the Orioles script and fit the other letters in between.

Right - it's not a good looking script - way too much difference in size between the first and last letters.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The roads will still have Baltimore on them... the home and road caps are changing though

Holy crap...big news.

I'm thinking this could do something with cartoon bird...or it could mean Orioles are bringing back white paneled hats (maybe for homes games).

Or I could be way off. Either way, definitely intrigued.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Somebody did mention that somebody would be wearing a white panel hat this year and denied the other two most likely candidates (Toronto and Miami.) I'd guess there's a good possibility that the Orioles could be going for a white panel now.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Holy crap...big news.

I'm thinking this could do something with cartoon bird...or it could mean Orioles are bringing back white paneled hats (maybe for homes games).

Or I could be way off. Either way, definitely intrigued.

I haven't met one Orioles fan who prefers the current hat to the cartoon bird. I bet it could be related to that. If so kudos to the Orioles because even though I can't stand their team, I do love that hat.

90758391980.gif

They did just tweak the realistic bird logo a few years ago, which mentioned earlier, now has 2009-2011 underneath of it on the logo page. Maybe it's not official, but I'm thinking that's probably a good indication that that logo will be either tweaked, replaced or altogether canceled for the 2012 season.

The "O's" cap logo is still listed as 2005-Pres. This logo is currently used on their Friday night alternate caps and their batting practice caps. Note that on the logo page, their practice uniform is still listed as 2011-Pres, so I assume "O's" will at least be kept on the BP cap.

I've read on other sites that the white paneled cartoon cap will be their new home cap and the black one will be their new road cap. I always figured if the cartoon bird cap logo did make an official comeback, it would be as an extra alternate, but if the above rumor is true, the 2009-2011 dates make sense for the realistic bird.

I've read that Buck Showalter is a big fan of the cartoon bird logo, so maybe he has a big part in this?

The big question for me is, what version of the Cartoon Bird will they be using??

IMG_5643-1.jpg

L-R:

1. '66-'74

2. '75-'78

3. '78

4. '79-'88

5. '11

If it were up to me, I'd use the '66-'74 bird for the black road cap and the '75-'78 bird for the white home cap, but they'll probably just use the '11 bird, which was featured on the recent Turn Back The Clock, Authentic On-Field, New Era cap.

Either way, I'm glad to hear(hopefully!!)the Cartoon Bird will be back officially next year! Classic logo, and I've been wanting an authentic, on-field version of the white-paneled cap forever!

If they use the Cartoon Bird, I think it's a 100% certainty that they'll use the 2011 version, which is the "official" version.

Like the Brooklyn Dodgers, where historical authenticity was discarded in favor of what somebody somewhere thought was correct when setting up the Cooperstown Collection files.

If they use the Cartoon Bird, I think it's a 100% certainty that they'll use the 2011 version, which is the "official" version.

Like the Brooklyn Dodgers, where historical authenticity was discarded in favor of what somebody somewhere thought was correct when setting up the Cooperstown Collection files.

I agree with you, but a man can dream, can't he?

Except that he said "Baltimore script on grey" and "Baltimore script on black" have been listed as "-2011" on the mothership. That indicates at least a minor change to the scripts themselves.

Baltimore script on black could indicate a new alternate (road?) jersey, as opposed to BP. Can anyone give us a hint on a new alternate, at least as to color?

Bill813.png

Except that he said "Baltimore script on grey" and "Baltimore script on black" have been listed as "-2011" on the mothership. That indicates at least a minor change to the scripts themselves.

Baltimore script on black could indicate a new alternate (road?) jersey, as opposed to BP. Can anyone give us a hint on a new alternate, at least as to color?

Anything other than black or orange would be a surprise.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

As an O's fan, I'm not very happy about these supposed changes.

First of all, I think their current set is the best they've had in the 17 seasons I have been a fan.

I'm not a fan of the cartoon bird, at all. It worked for it's time, but it's time is gone. Let it rest.

And they don't need to get a white panel cap, or put O's on all of their caps.

Their Baltimore script is fine the way it is.

I find it hard to believe that this is going to be an upgrade.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Just watch, the orange panel bird will be an alternate. I think it's a bit silly to go back to the past in this case. What's been said about the current set being their best is true and it's just an odd move to me.

Right - it's not a good looking script - way too much difference in size between the first and last letters.

Couldn't agree more. Relatively minor difference in theory, but would be a huge upgrade.

As an O's fan, I'm not very happy about these supposed changes.

First of all, I think their current set is the best they've had in the 17 seasons I have been a fan.

I'm not a fan of the cartoon bird, at all. It worked for it's time, but it's time is gone. Let it rest.

And they don't need to get a white panel cap, or put O's on all of their caps.

Their Baltimore script is fine the way it is.

I find it hard to believe that this is going to be an upgrade.

It will be, don't worry.

Like I said earlier, folks, please don't read into the date changes too much. Even the slightest alteration will demand a new "time period," so don't freak out. Thank you.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Archived