2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what the Giants ought to wear on the road:

7E5vL.png

No alternate needed.

A arched roadmark doesn't go with a homemark that's on an arc. And the arc looks much better. Their roads are perfectly fine as they are.

i was actually thinking this morning that the font of the home and away dont match...so i think your example there should be the away

spacer.png

spacer.png

This San Francisco road alt will be just like the sleeveless road alt the Rangers has a few years ago and like what the Orioles road alt was. Granted the only difference between the two was the road had a black hat and the road alt had a grey crown hat with a black brim...

Road1995-1996.gifThird1995-19961.gif...

I do not have the Texas stuff but it is on the mothership and technically there were 2 grey road alts...one with the regular T logo in white and then the one with the Red logo T...

dehwg9eclxwo5mn3tnozf3eoh.gifsfteuea4u3be1nertuey1gnkj.giffx7scw7ch68ph39asf17gvlg3.gif

So basically, this is not something new. It will be interesting to see what the Giants do with the grey road alternate.

Some people say "I hate cap logos on jerseys!" Some say they love it. For me, it actually depends. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

When it works:

derek_jeter_post--300x450.jpg

Paul-Konerko.jpg

Justin+Verlander+New+York+Yankees+v+Detroit+0dGokGO0oVRl.jpg

Schmidt.jpg

ba-giantsspecial_0502345306.jpg

When it doesn't:

mlb_g_conine_sq_600.jpg

mlb_a_helton_600.jpg

wilson_cj01-763131.jpg

Philadelphia+Phillies+Introduce+Jayson+Werth+SlOS95EDe20l.jpg

gyi0064623080_extra_large.jpg

With the new proposed San Francisco Giants alternate, I'm okay with it. Maybe it's because they've done it before, and it looked good then. I don't know. That's just my opinion. I can't actually explain why it works with some teams as opposed to others.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Seems like every team in the major leagues is making some kind of a uniform change for 2012. Does anyone know the dates the Oakland Athletics,Washington Nationals,Pittsburgh Pirates, and Texas Rangers will be unveiling their new unis.Rumor has it the Brewers are going with "Milwaukee" on their grey road jerseys,Chicago Cubs tweaking their road jerseys,The Rays are putting "TAMPA BAY" on their road jerseys and navy alts, and the Cincinnati Reds are dropping the black drop shadow on all their jerseys for this coming season.

Seems like every team in the major leagues is making some kind of a uniform change for 2012. Does anyone know the dates the Oakland Athletics,Washington Nationals,Pittsburgh Pirates, and Texas Rangers will be unveiling their new unis.Rumor has it the Brewers are going with "Milwaukee" on their grey road jerseys,Chicago Cubs tweaking their road jerseys,The Rays are putting "TAMPA BAY" on their road jerseys and navy alts, and the Cincinnati Reds are dropping the black drop shadow on all their jerseys for this coming season.

High unlikely what you have listed here is happening. I think all that will be happening that is left is the tweaks of Arizona logo and the San Francisco road grey alternate. Other than those two things, I do not know what else is left for this upcoming season in the terms of changes. ColorWerz has already mentioned this but there is a patch for the Miami Marlins Inaugural season (which I think is kind of silly when they should have just done a 20th Anniversary/Season patch as the marlins in general for 2013).

The A's aren't doing anything. They've had essentially the same home, road, alt 1 combo since 93 (and the home and road have been around with a few tweaks since 87). The only changes they've made in the last 2 decades have been to Alt 2, and they just changed that from the hideous black to the classy gold one last year.

You're speculating upon your old speculations...?

Yeah,I know you're probably thinking,"Oh no, not her again!!!" Yes, me again. There was no announcement about the Giants getting a new road alternate for next season until last Monday, so you never know. Some MLB teams make last minute changes that are not announced until they wear them on opening day, like the Braves did with their navy road alternates in Washington back in 08. I just thought I might throw that one in there

All of those "rumors" are completely incorrect. Stop making stuff up.

The logo on the road jersey really worked for the Giants, more so than the Padres in that same era. Overall, the late '80s Giants jerseys were among my favorites of the era, both home and road. So any throwback to that era would be appreciated, especially if they went back to the round numbers.

Picture3_display_image.png?1278633205

201132222412310078.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I like everything about those except the football-esque sleeve striping. Rather just have one black stripe to match the placket.

The set after that one, with the same style of lettering they have now, just vertically arched, was really nice too. I love how the home and road scripts matched. I don't really mind the condensed-block "San Francisco" they have now, since I think it's the same style they used when they first came to town, I'm just not sure they need the gold drop-shadows.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Dude,I'm not saying I know something or that it's going to happen, but you never know. Who knew about the Giants getting a road alternate? I heard these rumors about the Brewers road jersey saying "Milwaukee" and "Tampa Bay" on the Rays road jerseys from a friend of mine who works at a local fan shop. It might not happen this year, but possibly in a couple of years.Who knows. Nothing has been confirmed yet. Are the Braves going to get a new alternate jersey this year? How about the Rockies getting a new road jersey? I've been reading those posts for over two months now and nothing has happened yet.It just seems that every mlb team has something up their sleeves. A rumor is just a rumor. :suspect:

Our fellow member ColorWerx has a blog where he has posted the proper RGB graphics of teams.

Here is his quote:

As I've mentioned in at least one other thread, I have gone through and done my color-correction thing on all of the official 2012 MLB graphics, and I am going to present them team-by-team. I am starting with the teams that are NOT implementing any changes for the 2012 season; as some of the new graphics are unveiled, I will create a new post for them. So, I thought I'd just create a thread here that points back to my blog.

First two teams:

St. Louis Cardinals

Tampa Bay Rays

End of Rumors, at least for the Rays.

Dude,I'm not saying I know something or that it's going to happen, but you never know. Who knew about the Giants getting a road alternate? I heard these rumors about the Brewers road jersey saying "Milwaukee" and "Tampa Bay" on the Rays road jerseys from a friend of mine who works at a local fan shop. It might not happen this year, but possibly in a couple of years.Who knows. Nothing has been confirmed yet. Are the Braves going to get a new alternate jersey this year? How about the Rockies getting a new road jersey? I've been reading those posts for over two months now and nothing has happened yet.It just seems that every mlb team has something up their sleeves. A rumor is just a rumor. :suspect:

Unwind, who has seen all the changes, said you were wrong.

Unwind, who has seen all the changes, said you were wrong.

Exactly. I've seen everything they have, and I knew of the Giants road alt months ago. The Brewers and Rays are not changing, but the Braves and Rockies are. Capiche?

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Archived