2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

From the Charley Walters column in this morning's St. Paul Pioneer-Press:

Look for the Twins to play a turn-back-the-clock game next season against the Kansas City Royals at Target Field, with the Twins donning 1954 Minneapolis Millers uniforms and the Royals wearing Kansas City Blues uniforms. The Millers and Blues played in the then-Class AAA American Association.

Charley Walters column

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our fellow member ColorWerx has a blog where he has posted the proper RGB graphics of teams.

http://boards.sports..._1#entry1684525

Here is his quote:

As I've mentioned in at least one other thread, I have gone through and done my color-correction thing on all of the official 2012 MLB graphics, and I am going to present them team-by-team. I am starting with the teams that are NOT implementing any changes for the 2012 season; as some of the new graphics are unveiled, I will create a new post for them. So, I thought I'd just create a thread here that points back to my blog.

First two teams:

St. Louis Cardinals

Tampa Bay Rays

End of Rumors, at least for the Rays.

I think the only changes left - as far as I can tell - are the Giants' alt. road uni (that I accidentally posted on my blog briefly), the Braves' new alt., the Rockies' new roads, and a small change (actually, a reassignment) to the Diamondbacks' primary mark.

All that other speculated stuff ain't happening.

Our fellow member ColorWerx has a blog where he has posted the proper RGB graphics of teams.

http://boards.sports..._1#entry1684525

Here is his quote:

As I've mentioned in at least one other thread, I have gone through and done my color-correction thing on all of the official 2012 MLB graphics, and I am going to present them team-by-team. I am starting with the teams that are NOT implementing any changes for the 2012 season; as some of the new graphics are unveiled, I will create a new post for them. So, I thought I'd just create a thread here that points back to my blog.

First two teams:

St. Louis Cardinals

Tampa Bay Rays

End of Rumors, at least for the Rays.

I think the only changes left - as far as I can tell - are the Giants' alt. road uni (that I accidentally posted on my blog briefly), the Braves' new alt., the Rockies' new roads, and a small change (actually, a reassignment) to the Diamondbacks' primary mark.

All that other speculated stuff ain't happening.

Do we have any idea when these will be released? I would guess before Christmas.

dehwg9eclxwo5mn3tnozf3eoh.gifsfteuea4u3be1nertuey1gnkj.giffx7scw7ch68ph39asf17gvlg3.gif

Do the Rangers really have a drop shadow on their homes but not on their alts? That's irritating if so.

The Rangers need consistency... While their look isn't bad, they are in need of changes. Not drastic changes, just cleaning up their look.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Oh, the Rangers look IS bad, with their font, double outline with black drop shadow, blue one day and red the next silliness. The Rangers could easily have a respectable set if they completely eliminated black, chose red or blue and stuck with it, and limited their numbers to one outline, but what they have now is really, really bad.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Oh, the Rangers look IS bad, with their font, double outline with black drop shadow, blue one day and red the next silliness. The Rangers could easily have a respectable set if they completely eliminated black, chose red or blue and stuck with it, and limited their numbers to one outline, but what they have now is really, really bad.

TexasRangersUniforms.gif

TexasRangersUniforms.gif

And with that, you took the Rangers from being a garbled mess with muddled and inconsistent jerseys to looking great.

See, Rangers, it isn't that hard. The fixes to the glaring problems are fairly self-evident.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I think one more cap may be on its way. According to a New Era Flagship store connection, this logo could be appearing on Boston's on-field caps in 2012. IMO, it's much more uni-friendly than the original.

fenway100.jpg

I liked the original logo more too. Oh well... I'm not a big fan of patches on caps, I much prefer them on the sleeves. Looks like if this one sees the field, though, it will be on the caps. I just with it didn't have that layer of grey, it would look better white. However, compared to the 1999 All-Star game logo abomination, this one is A-OK!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

TexasRangersUniforms.gif

And with that, you took the Rangers from being a garbled mess with muddled and inconsistent jerseys to looking great.

See, Rangers, it isn't that hard. The fixes to the glaring problems are fairly self-evident.

Agreed this looks great. Can't tell but it looks like there is still a red drop shadow on the cap. I'd make it a consistent red outline around the white T and call it a great day.

TexasRangersUniforms.gif

Darn those are pretty. And best of all, no more Texas Texases!

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I wouldn't mind if the Rangers just wore their red jerseys caps, belts, socks, shirts, shoes and red alt at home and kept the blue caps, socks, shirts and jerseys on the road. They have essentially already done this, although they still occasionally wear blue at home still. Anyways, all they really would need to do on top of the color shift is make the home uni script say 'Rangers' and in red instead of blue; and leave the current road uni as-is.

Basically it would be like their 2000 uniforms, which I always felt had it right. Make red the home color, keep blue for the road.

I think one more cap may be on its way. According to a New Era Flagship store connection, this logo could be appearing on Boston's on-field caps in 2012. IMO, it's much more uni-friendly than the original.

fenway100.jpg

It seems a bit too...busy to go on the jersey or cap. I prefer the original one.

fenway-park-100-years-logo.jpg

spacer.png

TexasRangersUniforms.gif

:mad: First you win the World Series, then perfect our jerseys... Seriously, that is what the Rangers need; well done.

As for actual news: I'm probably going to get ripped for the size, but a developer for MLB The Show had this picture as his avatar on another forum.

In addition to the new Batter's Eye Club and visitor's bullpen, Hamilton is sporting a fortieth anniversary patch. The only problem is that the picture is too small to get any details. All I can make out is a "40" imposed upon an outline of Texas with the Texan flag.

TexasRangersUniforms.gif

:mad: First you win the World Series, then perfect our jerseys... Seriously, that is what the Rangers need; well done.

As for actual news: I'm probably going to get ripped for the size, but a developer for MLB The Show had this picture as his avatar on another forum.

In addition to the new Batter's Eye Club and visitor's bullpen, Hamilton is sporting a fortieth anniversary patch. The only problem is that the picture is too small to get any details. All I can make out is a "40" imposed upon an outline of Texas with the Texan flag.

I really like this look...might I suggest a red visor on the cap worn with the blue alt jersey?

Archived