2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Further information from Anthony Andro of Fox Sports Southwest...

Rangers turning back the clock in 2012

Texas will wear white home uniforms from 1974 for their May 12 game against the Los Angeles Angels. The club will wear white uniforms from 1986 for the June 16 game against Houston. Texas will then don uniforms from the 1994 season for a July 7 game against Minnesota.

The most popular game figures to be the Aug. 11 game against Detroit in which the team will wear powder blue 1976 uniforms. There will be promotions tied in to each game.

The club also plans to name a 40th anniversary all-time team based on fan balloting. That team will be honored Aug. 11. The team will also have a former player deliver the game ball to the mound before each home game.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Further information from Anthony Andro of Fox Sports Southwest...

Rangers turning back the clock in 2012

Texas will wear white home uniforms from 1974 for their May 12 game against the Los Angeles Angels. The club will wear white uniforms from 1986 for the June 16 game against Houston. Texas will then don uniforms from the 1994 season for a July 7 game against Minnesota.

The most popular game figures to be the Aug. 11 game against Detroit in which the team will wear powder blue 1976 uniforms. There will be promotions tied in to each game.

The club also plans to name a 40th anniversary all-time team based on fan balloting. That team will be honored Aug. 11. The team will also have a former player deliver the game ball to the mound before each home game.

Hideous uniforms. All of them, minus the current.

newsig.jpg

The logos are slightly different. The photo has an uppercase "A" in "Anniversary" while the one here has a lowercase "a."

Which one is it?

Hmmm...looks like another last-minute change...I've had that file for months now...no telling how much tweaking has gone on since.

Uni Watch has a side-by-side; it's a totally different script.

6513170507_f88dbd97c2_o.png

The one on the left was tweeted from the unveiling event by ESPN Dallas columnist Richard Durrett, so it must have been on display somewhere in the room. But the one on the right, which I strongly prefer, is the one they displayed as a patch. Hope that’s the one they stick with.

The logos are slightly different. The photo has an uppercase "A" in "Anniversary" while the one here has a lowercase "a."

Which one is it?

Hmmm...looks like another last-minute change...I've had that file for months now...no telling how much tweaking has gone on since.

Uni Watch has a side-by-side; it's a totally different script.

6513170507_f88dbd97c2_o.png

The one on the left was tweeted from the unveiling event by ESPN Dallas columnist Richard Durrett, so it must have been on display somewhere in the room. But the one on the right, which I strongly prefer, is the one they displayed as a patch. Hope that’s the one they stick with.

The one on the left has a slightly lighter blue, too.

spacer.png

Yeah, but we don't know where Lukas got the files. Maybe one's optimized and the other isn't; all the colors are lighter on the left (on my monitor, I can barely make out the star's beveling), and it's pixelated.

I'll leave it up to ColorWerx, but I'd be cautious about reading too much into that.

I don't agree with this. If the Rangers could give their Ryan era jerseys the "Toronto" treatment, we would have an amazing set.

THIS.

Yeah, and then they could look more like the Royals and Dodgers.

It would be better than having four different jerseys, "Texas" on the white jerseys, black dropshadows, and having a fit on whether we are a blue or red team.

I don't agree with this. If the Rangers could give their Ryan era jerseys the "Toronto" treatment, we would have an amazing set.

THIS.

Yeah, and then they could look more like the Royals and Dodgers.

I should have put more into my previous post. I like the idea of modernizing the 80's - early 90's look, only with red being the dominant color rather than blue.

I like that Rangers tail script a lot. I'd keep blue as the dominant color, though. I like the idea of going back to a blue hat with a red bill. Now that the Cubs have retired that hat, the Rangers can make it their own again, home and away.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Are you going to continue with the color-optimized versions on your blog?

I'm in the middle of cleaning them all up...making the sizes consistent, making sure the images are perfectly aligned within their boxes, etc.

I'm the Anal Retentive Chef when it comes to these things...I should have more up shortly.

I don't necessarily think the Rangers need to choose either Red or Blue. Why not both? Their primary logo features a roundel with a perfect split between red and blue. Both can/should be treated as primary colours.

During the world series when they wore their red caps with their blue-scripted home whites, I thought it was a unique look. Does any other team have a Red hat with royal blue script? Or Royal Blue Hat with red socks? Or Red hat with blue socks?

The script itself needs a little work, and I hate having Texas on the homes, but for pure colour combos, what about one of these?

glX4U.jpg

This is not a team logo/uni change, but an overall aesthetic change.

Players will not be allowed to have cans of dip/chew in their pockets:

Link

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't necessarily think the Rangers need to choose either Red or Blue. Why not both? Their primary logo features a roundel with a perfect split between red and blue. Both can/should be treated as primary colours.

During the world series when they wore their red caps with their blue-scripted home whites, I thought it was a unique look. Does any other team have a Red hat with royal blue script? Or Royal Blue Hat with red socks? Or Red hat with blue socks?

The script itself needs a little work, and I hate having Texas on the homes, but for pure colour combos, what about one of these?

glX4U.jpg

Closest I could find:

bdd_sox-042011-gett.jpg

Side note: does ANYONE on the Red Sox go high cuffed? I can't find a picture of a high-cuffed sox player anywhere...

Anubis.png

glX4U.jpg

Closest I could find:

bdd_sox-042011-gett.jpg

Side note: does ANYONE on the Red Sox go high cuffed? I can't find a picture of a high-cuffed sox player anywhere...

Jason Varitek did, don't know if he'll be back. Pedroia does sometimes. 5th outfielder Darnell McDonald does. Other than that, no.

spacer.png

glX4U.jpg

Closest I could find:

bdd_sox-042011-gett.jpg

Usually Varitek and Darnell McDonald... an it's sad. I really which all Red Sox players would wear their socks up high. With red socks being worn to the knee and the red undershirts being worn long sleeve, the red sox road uni's look great, however the players preferences minimizes the red even more.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived