marlinfan

2012 MLB & Logo Changes

nooooooooooo the A's are too damn cool to play in an office park with a mayor. This is terrible news.

I'd get murdered in Oakland :(

Office park with a mayor? I assume you're attempting to insult San Jose. But in the end it just shows your ignorance of the city and its importance to the Bay Area. Besides and office park with a mayor would be an improvement over the industrial wasteland ghetto they play in now that was just labeled more dangerous than Iraq by their local Iraqi refugee population.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/28/MNU31M90D0.DTL

I just really like the way the Oakland Coliseum plays. Get off my ass.

I just really like the way the Oakland Coliseum plays. Get off my ass.

Then maybe stop acting like one.

Road gray jerseys have been in the Coolbase material for the past couple of seasons.

I know. The A's are one of the teams that have players who wear both doubleknit & COOLBASE versions of the grey (by player preference). But they might have gotten a COOLBASE set of the green alts and they just decide to wear that more often on the road.

But aren't the A's one of the teams that let's the pitcher decide anyway? Maybe this has more to do with why we see green more often from them.

Correct, the starting pitcher picks what jersey to wear. Couple years ago it seemed like they hardly wore the grey. But last year they actually did quite a bit. As Cahill and Anderson prefer natural jerseys. But Gio always wore colored jerseys. So with him gone, you will probably see the grey more.

Maybe. But Cahill is gone too. And Bailey, Gio, Sweeney, and Breslow. In fact the A's only have 8 players left from their 2011 opening day roster...

Let's kill a couple of birds with one stone here:

Ahyds9TCIAAH3I1.jpg

AhyczWFCEAAxOn7.jpg

5uoccj.jpg

It was hell trying to make sure that the color of the Marlins cap came out correctly. It's THAT bright. Think I might pick up the black one as well.

One thing with the move that might be cool would be an interlocking "SJ" road cap... white "S", yellow "J", all-green cap.

Was just thinking about this. It truly would be an awesome cap. I'd buy one.

Let's kill a couple of birds with one stone here:

Ahyds9TCIAAH3I1.jpg

AhyczWFCEAAxOn7.jpg

5uoccj.jpg

It was hell trying to make sure that the color of the Marlins cap came out correctly. It's THAT bright. Think I might pick up the black one as well.

"thems two beautes right there!"

simply gorgeous. love them

I still think that the Marlins should have had some kind of alternate logo that was just the simplified marlin, sans letter, and either put it on an alternate cap or made it a sleeve patch. I think it would look kind of cool.

I got a Jays hat... thing of beauty. My god it is the nicest hat I've ever seen.

I got a Jays hat... thing of beauty. My god it is the nicest hat I've ever seen.

Same here. Possibly the nicest cap I've ever owned.

i hope the A's dont get a SJ hat, it would look too much like the Giants

what's wrong with keeping the A's hat both home and away?

i didnt even realize it was the SJ Giants logo on the mocked set

i was talking about the SF Giants. i dont think the A's should do a SJ logo of their own because it'll look too much like the SF Giants imo

interlocking S with another letter.

the A's hat logo is iconic. keep it

I live in San Jose and that SJ logo has too much connection to the Giants and would be too similar to what the Giants are. Keeping their current caps will be just fine

76401_1727359748205_1364762421_31910356_1153658_n.jpg

The future?

That SJ cap is :censored:ing awesome.

76401_1727359748205_1364762421_31910356_1153658_n.jpg

The future?

That SJ cap is :censored:ing awesome.

It's the San Jose Giants cap recolored. No way that particular one will ever happen.

The interlocking "SJ" logo would have to get a bit of tweaking so it doesn't resemble a $ symbol. But could be cool.