2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I'm fairly certain the A's wouldn't use Old-English style letters in a script style. With that in mind, I altered my previous script. Here's the revised product:

newathletics2.png

Beautiful. Looks like something they should use.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed your revisions, that new script flows much better.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't think that two-word locals look good with tails. It's nice work, just doesn't work for me on a jersey. I strongly feel that they need to de-emphasize the locality (now and in the future) and just go with A, especially now that they're moving to a separate distinct entity within the same overall market.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm fairly certain the A's wouldn't use Old-English style letters in a script style. With that in mind, I altered my previous script. Here's the revised product:

newathletics2.png

Beautiful. Looks like something they should use.

My thoughts exactly.

spacer.png

This is all that's been said about the Rockies new road uniforms...from today's Denver Post.

Footnote: The Rockies will use a new road jersey this season, expected to eschew pinstripes for solid gray.

Troy E. Renck: 303-954-1294 or trenck@denverpost.com

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I don't think that two-word locals look good with tails. It's nice work, just doesn't work for me on a jersey. I strongly feel that they need to de-emphasize the locality (now and in the future) and just go with A, especially now that they're moving to a separate distinct entity within the same overall market.

Maybe I'm biased, but "Los Angeles" on the Dodgers road looks great.

and ND, mind if I put that San Jose script you made on the A's jersey?

I don't want to do anything without your permission

Maybe I'm biased, but "Los Angeles" on the Dodgers road looks good to me.

Some do. Some don't. Los Angeles looks pretty good, but the New York script everyone's clamoring about for the Mets does not. This San Jose is kind of in between. It's not bad, but also not necessarily, um, necessary.

One thing, NDWas, you might want to remove that extra "tail" on the 's'. Just looks like it isn't needed there.

This is all that's been said about the Rockies new road uniforms...from today's Denver Post.

Footnote: The Rockies will use a new road jersey this season, expected to eschew pinstripes for solid gray.

Troy E. Renck: 303-954-1294 or trenck@denverpost.com

So they are going back the the road unis they had from '93 up to 2000? (just with COLORADO on the front instead of ROCKIES) :blink:

I'd rather them bring back the all Purple caps again..

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Sorry for the barrage of concepts, but I think I've got it nailed. I took the O, S, and E from the "Atléticos" script and it looks much better. Here's the newest version:

newathletics2-2.png

sanjoseroad-1.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Technically, the "e" in San Jose is actually supposed to be San José. If you have time, maybe you can change that up and see what that looks like?

No team in San Jose has ever used an accent mark, but for the heck of it, here's how it would look:

newathletics2-3.png

sanjoseroad2.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Maybe I'm biased, but "Los Angeles" on the Dodgers road looks good to me.

Some do. Some don't. Los Angeles looks pretty good, but the New York script everyone's clamoring about for the Mets does not. This San Jose is kind of in between. It's not bad, but also not necessarily, um, necessary.

One thing, NDWas, you might want to remove that extra "tail" on the 's'. Just looks like it isn't needed there.

To me, Los Angeles is a little too long for a script logo, but it doesn't look as bad as the others because the first word is relatively small compared to the second. New York and San Jose are 3+4 words, and it's a little awkward to my eye because the script sort of tricks you into thinking it's one word with an awkward space in there. The New York script is particularly bad because the Y is such a dominant letter.

Again, it's great work by ND, just not something that I think looks good on a jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Technically, the "e" in San Jose is actually supposed to be San José. If you have time, maybe you can change that up and see what that looks like?

No team in San Jose has ever used an accent mark, but for the heck of it, here's how it would look:

newathletics2-3.png

sanjoseroad2.png

That looks great! I'd buy that road jersey.

spacer.png

Oakland+Athletics+v+Boston+Red+Sox+gZc_B7TZI1Dl.jpgm75h6b.png

Nice work.

Something about that San Jose wordmark seems very minor-league-y to me. Don't know exactly why. Probably because I'm not used to seeing a "San Jose" word mark on a pro jersey.

Looks good, though. If they do end up doing that, I think it would work fine.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived