2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who liked the road pinstripes?

I think, like this new road uniform, they were OK and just OK. But it wasn't even really because of the pinstripes. The Rockies need an overhaul badly. They really need some new scripts and a new cap logo.

I really think that the team that pulled off road pinstripes the best was the Minnesota Twins. I would love to see them bring back the road pins with the current road-mark.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I think, like this new road uniform, they were OK and just OK. But it wasn't even really because of the pinstripes. The Rockies need an overhaul badly. They really need some new scripts and a new cap logo.

I really think that the team that pulled off road pinstripes the best was the Minnesota Twins. I would love to see them bring back the road pins with the current road-mark.

I personally disliked the Twins road pinstripes because the letters making up the script were too narrow, and as a result they clashed horribly with the pinstripes. I would prefer not to see the Twins bring back road pinstripes in any capacity (ever), but I would have to agree that they very well could look better with the current roadmark.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Nope. I liked them for CERTAIN teams. No problems with them on COL, MIN, and AZ/ANA (when they had them).

kim1.jpg

But there are lots of teams it WOULDN'T work for. You have to really be black/navy based to pull it off. Red pinstripes work for the Phils at home and royal blue ones work for the Mets at home, but on the roads those would be atrocious. Then there's classic teams that it would ruin the uniform of, your NYY/LA/STL etc. However, on some teams it just works.

I think Cleveland could make it work, as could Houston. I'm not saying they SHOULD just that they COULD.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I have no problem with pinstripes on roads. I like it as it spices up the roads. I don't want all teams to look the same. I liked Colorado, Arizona, Minnesota, and Cincinnati when they wore pinstripes. It's going to be sad not to see a team with road pinstripes.

I have no problem with pinstripes on roads. I like it as it spices up the roads. I don't want all teams to look the same. I liked Colorado, Arizona, Minnesota, and Cincinnati when they wore pinstripes. It's going to be sad not to see a team with road pinstripes.

Well said!!! While, for instance, the placket-piping look is a classic, it would be quite boring to have every team use it on their uniforms... Colorado had maintained a few distinctive marks throughout its almost 20-year existence: Purple/silver scheme, special font, pinstripes... Now they'll lose one of them for a generic road uni... so sad.

Well said!!! While, for instance, the placket-piping look is a classic, it would be quite boring to have every team use it on their uniforms... Colorado had maintained a few distinctive marks throughout its almost 20-year existence: Purple/silver scheme, special font, pinstripes... Now they'll lose one of them for a generic road uni... so sad.

I agree with both of you guys... not only did Colorado look good in road pinstripes, but it had become a unique look... now they are just one of those generic-looking teams... even moreso than they already were.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I was at the Rockies Fan Fest today and it's not an all black script...there is purple in it. Here is a pic of it, not the best, but the best I can do.

IMAG0129.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

The Rockies script is the ugliest in baseball.

Inside strokes are :censored:ing terrible.

+1

They really need a new set of wordmarks. The color combination of black, purple, and a touch of silver has so much potential, but doesn't look great with these scripts.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

The uni's that the Ravens and Rockies wear should serve as a reminder that black and purple is a pretty awful color combination. Both colors are so dark by nature that they just bleed into each other and create a smock.

Having purple insets in the script does nothing to actually make it look better in action. Pointless.

spacer.png

I was at the Rockies Fan Fest today and it's not an all black script...there is purple in it. Here is a pic of it, not the best, but the best I can do.

[image snipped]

I posted this on my blog a couple of days ago:

ColoradoRockies_UNS2a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

It's still horrible. Silver would've been a much better choice.

So far, the only thing the Rockies did right was ditch the pinstripes.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The only way I can see them pulling off a script like that with those colors would be to make the purple part silver, make the black part purple, keep the white outline, then add a slight black drop shadow.

Or keep the inside purple, make the black part silver, then add a slight black drop shadow to that, forgoing the white outline all together.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived