2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Maybe it's because I'm so used to seeing the bird head inside a ball or in front of something that it looks knock-offish to me to see it alone. I'm not sure what it is - it's not often I don't have the right words to express how I feel about something, but I just can't explain this one.

FWIW, I do like the raised embroidery on the cap version of it - it's just on the jerseys that I don't care for the logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, I do like the raised embroidery on the cap version of it - it's just on the jerseys that I don't care for the logo.

It is a very strange choice for a batting practice jersey, in my opinion. It looks nice, but almost to nice for something like bp/pre-season wear.

Did I mention how much I love the Sox don't wear BP hats at all!

I'm glad. BP caps are the stupidest thing.

I get why they exist, to sell more caps. I prefer it, though, when teams try to make their bp caps different from anything in the game uniform set.

See, I prefer it when, with rare exceptions, teams go with just one cap for their home and road sets (a second caps for alternates is fine, but should be worn sparsely, like alternates themselves). Batting practice caps, despite being a blatant money grab, should allow teams to experiment with designs that they wouldn't put on their primary caps.

While I applaud the Mets for finally dropping the black, I wouldn't mind if it stuck around on the bp gear. They get their primary set right by losing it, but they still keep it on the bp stuff, which means black is still on "official on field" gear. So they can continue to produce black merchandise. The same goes for other teams. I'm against the idea of the Yankees every having an alternate cap, but I wouldn't mind it if silver or red made its way onto the bp caps. Just for a change of pace that doesn't mess with the classic on-field look.

404856_10150633348229293_769054292_9121218_1863569866_n.jpgNot really anything new, but Manny was taking photoshoot shots with the gray underbrim A's cap. Must have had a bunch in storage that were at least 8 1/2 or something like that.

Seeing Manny in an A's uniform is weird.

It makes me sick...

404856_10150633348229293_769054292_9121218_1863569866_n.jpgNot really anything new, but Manny was taking photoshoot shots with the gray underbrim A's cap. Must have had a bunch in storage that were at least 8 1/2 or something like that.

It makes me sick...

Those pajama pants are pretty much ruining the best uniform in the league.

It makes me sick...

Those pajama pants are pretty much ruining the best uniform in the league.

The clown in the best uniform in the league is ruining the best uniform in the league.

spacer.png

Archived