2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

This is as much a thread killer as reel line mint proposals.

Nobody's mind is ever getting changed, so just put this :censored: in its own thread somewhere so it doesn't take away from the flow of otherwise good threads.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Crew's gold alts as well. Just saw a video of the uniform options in MLB 12 The Show and did not see them listed...doesn't bode well as that means they aren't in the style guide then right?

The Show only has two slots for alternates, and the Brewers have more alternates than the Rangers do. Obviously that means that some of them won't make it into the game. Developers have also hinted that they have to get special approval for historical uniforms too, although I'm not sure if I buy that.

I'm also really pissed that the new Braves home alt uniform didn't make it into the game (according to the YouTube video of the game in Best Buy). I thought that if a uniform was in the official style guide that it would be in the game.

I like the Crew's gold alts as well. Just saw a video of the uniform options in MLB 12 The Show and did not see them listed...doesn't bode well as that means they aren't in the style guide then right?

The Show only has two slots for alternates, and the Brewers have more alternates than the Rangers do. Obviously that means that some of them won't make it into the game. Developers have also hinted that they have to get special approval for historical uniforms too, although I'm not sure if I buy that.

I'm also really pissed that the new Braves home alt uniform didn't make it into the game (according to the YouTube video of the game in Best Buy). I thought that if a uniform was in the official style guide that it would be in the game.

Again, if the team has more uniforms than slots allow, they can't put it in the game.

Again, if the team has more uniforms than slots allow, they can't put it in the game.

Then free up a slot by getting rid of a throwback and insert the current uniform... It's a matter of laziness. Plus they should have replaced the Braves' throwbacks with Hank Aaron unis instead of the older versions.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Then free up a slot by getting rid of a throwback and insert the current uniform... It's a matter of laziness. Plus they should have replaced the Braves' throwbacks with Hank Aaron unis instead of the older versions.

They make every team equal in the game slots. It's not a matter of laziness, it's a matter of what MLB Properties tells them to do.

They make every team equal in the game slots. It's not a matter of laziness, it's a matter of what MLB Properties tells them to do.

You missed the point. I get that there are equal slots. It's laziness they didn't get rid of one throwback (that's not really popular with Braves fans anyway) and insert the current alternate.

According to the video, the Braves have:

Road (current grays)

R - Alternate (Navy)

R - Throwback (60s)

R - Throwback Old (50s)

R - Warmup

Home (current whites)

H - Alternate (Red)

H - Throwback (60s - similar to 2012 cream alt but not close enough)

H - Throwback Old (50s)

H - Warmup.

Ditch one of the home throwbacks and insert the current alternate. Call it whatever you want. The number of slots remain the same.

^^Absolutely, provided those particular throwbacks are licensed in the style guide (which I think they are). Those uniform choices would have been a billion times better than what the folks at Sony settled on.

^^Absolutely, provided those particular throwbacks are licensed in the style guide (which I think they are). Those uniform choices would have been a billion times better than what the folks at Sony settled on.

Given the fact that both throwback sets listed have been worn in the past 2 years by the Braves, I would hope so.

The reason why they go with the particular slots (and yes, the are slotted as one home and one road alternate, and two road and two home alternates for every team) is because of the career modes. In Road to the Show and Franchise mode, the slots line up in order to make it so that when teams wear throwbacks, both teams wear throwbacks. That is why you see the New York Yankees and other, more traditional teams with two alternates. It's how they program the game to work.

Here is what they should have done:

H - Primary White

H - Red Alt

H - Cream White Alt

H - 1970s Hank Aaron home

H - Warmup

R - Primary Gray

R - Navy Alt

R - 1980s Powder Blue set

R - 1970s Hank Aaron road

R - Warmup

ive thought this same thing for years now!!!

especially since they wore the 70's style last year, and seems to be the most popular version of any throwbacks for the braves

Those skin-tight sleeves look creepy.

Wow. I knew New Era was lazy enough to have the black stitching on the white front panel for merchandise, but they couldn't be bothered to use clear stitching (like they used to and '47 brand currently does) for the players?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Wow. I knew New Era was lazy enough to have the black stitching on the white front panel for merchandise, but they couldn't be bothered to use clear stitching (like they used to and '47 brand currently does) for the players?

My biggest pet peeve about New Era white-panels.

spacer.png

Archived