2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice the stupid "glacier-twill" has been replaced on the script...

What's the problem with glacier twill?

I didn't have an issue with the glacier twill - it was unique without being tacky, and served to differentiate the authentic jerseys from the replicas. I think it worked well with their drop shadowed contemporary look - but it would clash with the traditional look that they went back to. IMO this was a perfect opportunity to go with a chain-stitched script. Would have classed it up even more.

Frankly I thought it looked cheap. I know it's the opposite of that, but it seemed tacky to me. I'm glad it has been eliminated.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Good to see all these Mets pics have them in the traditional pinstripes. Maybe this is a sign that they will be rightfully restored as the team's primary home uni's.

O's new hat and patch... Count me as someone who is not a fan of the white panel front at all.

c9079864f762dbfa999d71d94dbf11fe-getty-140245375.jpg

Not a fan either. When I use the uniform on The Show, I will use the road hat with this set.

Also not a fan. Just too much white when looking at them from the front. That and I've never been a fan of the cartoon bird.

That O's hat is SOOOOOO nice on it's own. Paired with the uniform, I don't dig the entirety of the look. But I do want that hat (only if they could fix that black stitching problem)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Notice the stupid "glacier-twill" has been replaced on the script...

What's the problem with glacier twill?

I didn't have an issue with the glacier twill - it was unique without being tacky, and served to differentiate the authentic jerseys from the replicas. I think it worked well with their drop shadowed contemporary look - but it would clash with the traditional look that they went back to. IMO this was a perfect opportunity to go with a chain-stitched script. Would have classed it up even more.

Frankly I thought it looked cheap. I know it's the opposite of that, but it seemed tacky to me. I'm glad it has been eliminated.

To each their own - I never felt it looked cheap. It certainly didn't look as good as chain stitching would, but IMO it looked better than plain-ass tackle twill.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Good to see all these Mets pics have them in the traditional pinstripes. Maybe this is a sign that they will be rightfully restored as the team's primary home uni's.

They're the primary home for this season as they celebrate their 50th anniversary. I believe it was said they would return to alternate status in 2013, but I'm not completely sure. I think the whites with piping actually look better for them and unify the whole set.

At least the Mets will look good losing a hundred games this year.

If only their roads looked like this:

bvaUK.png

So amazing, nobody would even care about the score. B)

Those are vastly subpar to their current roads. That 2-worded script, especially with how short the words are, force it to be too big on the front of the jersey and rather clunky and awkward.

They're the primary home for this season as they celebrate their 50th anniversary. I believe it was said they would return to alternate status in 2013, but I'm not completely sure. I think the whites with piping actually look better for them and unify the whole set.

I agree. The snow-whites are a great look for the Mets, set off their large wordmark and also distinguish them from that other New York ballclub.

That's the only reason against the Mets using pinstripes on their regular homes.

Without the clutter of a black drop-shadow, the Mets pinstriped sets look spectacular. And, obviously, the royal blue is very much discernible from the Yankees' traditional navy.

Not that the clean whites aren't good either. The Mets finally have a solid ensemble of jerseys again, after 15 years of overt black emphasis.

spacer.png

As a Dodger fan, I say if anything, the jersey scripts should stay and the logo script should be the one tweaked to match. I prefer the jersey script over the logo script and would much rather have that one stay.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

BTW, am I the only one in favor of the Dodgers tweaking the scripts on their uniforms?

2O25W.pngFFbuz.png

I've always hated how the uniform scripts don't match the primary logo script.

IMO the road jersey looks better, but the home jersey is a slight downgrade.

spacer.png

As a Dodger fan, I say if anything, the jersey scripts should stay and the logo script should be the one tweaked to match. I prefer the jersey script over the logo script and would much rather have that one stay.

+1

Archived