2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I feel the opposite - I prefer the primary logo wordmark to the jersey script, but that "Los Angeles" mark is too wispy and insubstantial to work on the road jerseys.

The more I look at it, the more I agree. Both wordmarks are far too thin to work on a jersey.

spacer.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Dodger fan, I say if anything, the jersey scripts should stay and the logo script should be the one tweaked to match. I prefer the jersey script over the logo script and would much rather have that one stay.

Totally agree

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

perhaps the solution is to come up with a logo that is more than just a script with a flying ball behind it. Build something off of the LA logo or something. I realize that the nickname Dodgers limits you a lot, but the script was a product of an era where your jersey didn't necessarily reflect any official logos (more like when ordering from the company, someone probably said "just put Dodgers in that baseball-style script with a tail".)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

perhaps the solution is to come up with a logo that is more than just a script with a flying ball behind it. Build something off of the LA logo or something. I realize that the nickname Dodgers limits you a lot, but the script was a product of an era where your jersey didn't necessarily reflect any official logos (more like when ordering from the company, someone probably said "just put Dodgers in that baseball-style script with a tail".)

Considering the designers capture Southern California with their anniversary patches as of late, it'd be untraditional but cool if the Dodgers get a logo (primary or secondary) with a SoCal feel.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Orioles are playing with their home uniforms tonight and the helmets are black with an orange brim, no white panel. I think that's a good call by the O's. I would not be surprised to see the away hat eventually become the home and away hat.

That's very possible, but you shouldn't look too far into what teams wear in Spring Training. The Cardinals don't even bring their blue hats or helmets with them in the spring, so it's possible the Orioles just didn't want to bring two sets of helmets. I wouldn't be surprised if the Orioles only had one set of helmets, but Spring Training isn't enough to judge that from.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Orioles are playing with their home uniforms tonight and the helmets are black with an orange brim, no white panel. I think that's a good call by the O's. I would not be surprised to see the away hat eventually become the home and away hat.

That's very possible, but you shouldn't look too far into what teams wear in Spring Training. The Cardinals don't even bring their blue hats or helmets with them in the spring, so it's possible the Orioles just didn't want to bring two sets of helmets. I wouldn't be surprised if the Orioles only had one set of helmets, but Spring Training isn't enough to judge that from.

Ah true, I totally forgot about that. Good point.

90758391980.gif

Kinda a late addition, the Mariners have a new BP cap, which can be seen on the below link:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12260356&cp=1452366.1452890.706211

I personally liked last years. This years is now almost dull, devoid of any color...... *sigh* But then again, I'm not much for BP caps, either.

UBwef0L.png

Kinda a late addition, the Mariners have a new BP cap, which can be seen on the below link:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12260356&cp=1452366.1452890.706211

I personally liked last years. This years is now almost dull, devoid of any color...... *sigh* But then again, I'm not much for BP caps, either.

From a distance, I won't notice the piping. But somehow I feel that the Mariners really downgraded with this.

Go A's!

From a distance, I won't notice the piping. But somehow I feel that the Mariners really downgraded with this.

Yeah. It especially doesn't make sense next to the fact that they are really bringing teal back into the regular unis with the alt jerseys and now with the alt caps.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Archived