Winnipeg Jets concepts

Frylock

Seeing as how my submission didn't make it into the Icethetics posts this week, I figured I'd post them here. Yeah, I admit I'm feeling a little butt-hurt over it, but oh well. So without further ado...

I've tweaked the colors so that everything is a little darker, and I've added silver to the mix. I had included the Jets in my WHA "What if...?" thread from well over 5 years ago, and had kind of used those designs for the basis on this round. Amazingly, they transferred over to the EDGE template pretty well.

5524779901_9915bc1934_b.jpg

5524779939_56769cd88a_b.jpg

5524779961_185de45647_b.jpg

And then the Goals For Kids patch utilizes the old WHA logo...

5525370624_fbb7957cde_m.jpg

Any C&C is greatly appreciated :)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

So where exactly is that plane coming from on the alternate? Maybe I think of this stuff now that Icethetics keeps pointing out that the Isles old third jersey had points pointing to the crotch, but I'd say shift its flight path to be off-center, and you have a perfect set of sweaters here.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

So where exactly is that plane coming from on the alternate? Maybe I think of this stuff now that Icethetics keeps pointing out that the Isles old third jersey had points pointing to the crotch, but I'd say shift its flight path to be off-center, and you have a perfect set of sweaters here.

i thought the same thing.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I really like the home and away. The colors look pretty good darkened. It almost gives off a Whalers feel with red instead of green. One thing I think would look better is if the jet on the home and away was red instead of gray. It looks kind of washed out against the white background now. But great job with this.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Thank you all for the feedback! I wasn't expecting such a postive response, so thank you kindly!

hockey week and nash61 -- Great point about the source of the jet. Never even gave that a thought! I will attempt to tweak it so it's not so "croth-centric", if you will :grin:

Billy B -- Now that you mention it, it is a bit washed out. I should have added an outline or a darker drop-shadow. I wanted to make the jet silver, since I think of jets being metallic in color. Along with the alternate, I will try to make an adjustment on the look of the jet.

It may be a few days, but I will return with some revisions!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived