Failed Experiments

nash61

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see he now fancies himself the Rodney Dangerfield of CCSLC - "1,000+ posts and still no respect."

Cameroncrazie, you do realize that a high postcount does not garner respect, right? Otherwise, Tank would be the king of the CCSLC. Respect comes from using your posts wisely instead of posting vapid, thoughtless, throwaway one-liners.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Split home/"regional" teams:

1. Kansas City-Omaha Kings (1972-75)

2. Carolina Cougars, ABA (1969-74)

3. Atlanta Hawks, 1984-85 season (12 home games in New Orleans)

4. Utah Jazz 1983-84 season (11 games in Las Vegas)

Maybe someone here can confirm this, but I vaguely remember hearing about the Bucks playing the occasional regular season game in Madison and Green Bay during the 70s. They still play an annual exhibition game in Green Bay, FWIW.

I see he now fancies himself the Rodney Dangerfield of CCSLC - "1,000+ posts and still no respect."

Cameroncrazie, you do realize that a high postcount does not garner respect, right? Otherwise, Tank would be the king of the CCSLC. Respect comes from using your posts wisely instead of posting vapid, thoughtless, throwaway one-liners.

Bringing up cameroncrazie was my fault. Let's not flood another topic with stupid rhetoric. I apologize for bringing up his name.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Your frozen blood will be skated on, pal. :P

(Seriously, what the hell was that dude thinking 'bout with that s#!t?)

I could tell you about Revelation 16, where the third bowl judgement turned all fresh water into blood, but with the members seemingly intent on misquoting me, I don't think you guys will understand.

Why not label NHL in Winnipeg or Quebec City and Hartford as failures? If you're quick to condemn Phoenix, why not be consistent.

Winnipeg, Quebec City, and Hartford weren't owned by the NHL for the last few years of their existance because no one wanted to buy them. Sure, their buyers were in new locations, but at least someone bought them.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The "Dicker Rod" or "Dickerod" , an innovative way of replacing sideine chain gangs, from the 1st year of the WFL:

dickerod_02.jpg

Link:The Dickerod

And while I don't have a link for it, BYU used to use something similar in the late 90s, I think it was called the Quick Stick?

I thought that a college conference brought it back as well, yet in my Google search, I have not found where they did. But I do remember seeing it again on TV in the 90's and the commentators not happy about its use for some reason.

Also, infrared41, I do recall the 1982 strike and while living in Tampa, there was new about those "NFL strike games". Both were not broadcast TV since ABC/CBS/NBC each had a segment of the NFL television pie and the NBC aired CFL games. in 1982, I remember seeing Toronto Argos helmets for the very first time. Those three networks still were probably afraid to lose the NFL's audience at that time and part of the contract going independent.

As for college football, the SCOTUS did not decide on the case in which Oklahoma and Georgia brought against the NCAA regarding TV rights until 1984.

Also, infrared41, I do recall the 1982 strike and while living in Tampa, there was new about those "NFL strike games". Both were not broadcast TV since ABC/CBS/NBC each had a segment of the NFL television pie and the NBC aired CFL games. in 1982, I remember seeing Toronto Argos helmets for the very first time. Those three networks still were probably afraid to lose the NFL's audience at that time and part of the contract going independent.

According to the web's most editable source, Ted Turner bought the rights to those games and syndicated them directly to local tv stations.

Split home/"regional" teams:

1. Kansas City-Omaha Kings (1972-75)

2. Carolina Cougars, ABA (1969-74)

3. Atlanta Hawks, 1984-85 season (12 home games in New Orleans)

4. Utah Jazz 1983-84 season (11 games in Las Vegas)

Maybe someone here can confirm this, but I vaguely remember hearing about the Bucks playing the occasional regular season game in Madison and Green Bay during the 70s. They still play an annual exhibition game in Green Bay, FWIW.

The Lightning played a few home games in Orlando in 1993-94.

I could tell you about Revelation 16, where the third bowl judgement turned all fresh water into blood, but with the members seemingly intent on misquoting me, I don't think you guys will understand.

How the Book of Revelations has anything to do with Phoenix/Glendale being a piss-poor NHL market is beyond me. שָׁלוֹם

Why not label NHL in Winnipeg or Quebec City and Hartford as failures? If you're quick to condemn Phoenix, why not be consistent.

None of those teams were bought by the league. None of those teams were involved in a joint effort between the league and some rich douche to shake down their municipal governments for millions they didn't have.

If you want to talk about consistency I refer you to your own quote in my signature. You seem quick to ridicule Abbotsford for bankrupting itself to keep the Heat, but you're quick to defend Glendale doing the same exact thing to keep the Coyotes.

Different eras. Hard to compare them.

I'm perfectly willing to say that NHL in Winnipeg or Quebec City and Hartford could have been failures. It's certainly possible, although I'm not familiar with the particulars. But that doesn't have any bearing on the objective fact that the NHL in Arizona is definitely a failure.

The Jets failed in Winnipeg because the Canadian dollar was hurting from the Quebec referendum crisis (turns out that the potential to dissolve the country reeks havoc with your currency) and the means to build a needed new arena weren't there. I can't really blame the NHL for leaving, given those circumstances. The difference between Winnipeg and Phoenix/Glendale? When things weren't working out in Winnipeg the league did the smart thing moved. When things started to fall apart in Glendale the NHL dug in its heels and refused to see reason.

Now that the Canadian dollar has rebounded and a viable rink is in place, Winnipeg is a much better option then Glendale.

I originally wanted to say FoxTrax...but I actually liked the idea of the glowing puck. Someone should bring that back.

I think NBC kinda does it.

I don't mind highlighting the puck on replays, but not during in-game action. Too video gamey. I wonder if the glowpuck would've been more widely accepted if it had come well after football's evolution into imaginary lines and redzones that actually turn red. Nobody minds that stuff on any major level, because football.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived