Sign in to follow this  
nash61

Failed Experiments

The CFL southern expansion. Cooper-Alls. Gary Bettman.

At least it yielded one of the coolest team names ever, the Las Vegas Posse.

... and one of the greatest botch jobs of O Canada you'll ever hear ...

These never really caught on

2005CCM-Vector-130ZG_slide.jpg

those blades are disposable, as in, they don't need sharpening.

This one may not be as well known, and I'll be surprised at how many actually saw this. On Dec. 22, 1980, the Jets/Dolphins game was broadcast on NBC with no announcers. To date, it's the only NFL game broadcast without commentaries of any kind.

I wonder if it would work today given the advancements in on-screen graphics.

I guess this would fit in here, since I only saw it during one spring training game this year, and it hasnt been on any of the espn broadcasts since the regular season started: They had the strike zone added on permanently, during game action. I thought it was really cool to see the ball move in and out of the zone, it actually made watching baseball a lot better. I dont know why its gone

Because baseball isn't a TV show like Football and ultimately does not benefit from having computer-generated crap splattered all over the screen while you're just trying to sit and watch a game.

Pro Beach Hockey

If you're of the "no such thing as bad publicity" school, then it was anything but a failure.

floor cam which espn introduced when they started televising nba again in the mid 00's....that failed miserably as we were able to see up the players shorts...

World Team Tennis

Isn't that still around?

So are the Coyotes :P

This: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/03/1100857/take-back-whats-ours-canes-fans.html

Sabres fans showing up in full force for a game in Raleigh always frustrates the hell out of Caniacs. Despite Luke's call to action, we owned the place again last night.

This: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/03/1100857/take-back-whats-ours-canes-fans.html

Sabres fans showing up in full force for a game in Raleigh always frustrates the hell out of Caniacs. Despite Luke's call to action, we owned the place again last night.

I'm not going to the last Blue Jackets game of the year for that reason. I have no motivation to deal with Sabres fans all night and get all aggravated over a game that is meaningless for my boys.

Placing MLS Clubs in Florida.

zing!

The sorry ass Cubs thinking they can keep polishing the turd that is wrigley field with meagerly improved bathrooms/locker rooms instead of just building the new stadium they've needed for god knows how long.

The sorry ass Cubs thinking they can keep polishing the turd that is wrigley field with meagerly improved bathrooms/locker rooms instead of just building the new stadium they've needed for god knows how long.

Apox on you.Wrigley Field rules, do we need another modern stadium with deafening music and a ungodly huge jumbo tron. Its nice one ballpark still looks like baseball and sounds like baseball in the 40s.

Ricketts even managed to screw that up by insisting on the Toyota sign at the nadir of Toyota's public image and cutting down on organ music.

I don't want a new stadium for the Cubs. A move to the suburbs would be a civil engineering nightmare, and the people who say "I want the park to be right on Lake Michigan" aren't using a single brain cell.