Wizards Concepts

So the Thunder became old news to bitch about after less than 3 seasons, and the Wizards' issues are still "new" news to bitch about in their 14th season with that name?

The Wizards identity is a hot topic right now because they're getting a makeover. Once their next look is all settled in, no one will be talking about it.

It all has to do with the team's performance. If the Thunder were still playing as bad as they did in 2008-09, people would still be ripping them about their uniforms, nickname, logos, etc.

Um, they still are.

People were making fun of the Wizards' identity well before this makeover began. All I'm saying is that part of the reason people are so quick to make fun of the Wizards is because they suck on the court - that makes it that much easier for people to make fun of other aspects of the team (such as identity).

Some people might still make fun of the Thunder's identity, I guess. But the best way to distract people from a crappy (in some people's opinions) identity is to win. That's what the Thunder have done, and the Wizards haven't.

No it doesn't. If you dislike the Thunder, you really can't criticize the on-field play, so you''l resort to making fun of the identity. But with all the things to make fun of the Wizards for, why would you choose uniforms?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

So the Thunder became old news to bitch about after less than 3 seasons, and the Wizards' issues are still "new" news to bitch about in their 14th season with that name?

The Wizards identity is a hot topic right now because they're getting a makeover. Once their next look is all settled in, no one will be talking about it.

It all has to do with the team's performance. If the Thunder were still playing as bad as they did in 2008-09, people would still be ripping them about their uniforms, nickname, logos, etc.

Um, they still are.

People were making fun of the Wizards' identity well before this makeover began. All I'm saying is that part of the reason people are so quick to make fun of the Wizards is because they suck on the court - that makes it that much easier for people to make fun of other aspects of the team (such as identity).

Some people might still make fun of the Thunder's identity, I guess. But the best way to distract people from a crappy (in some people's opinions) identity is to win. That's what the Thunder have done, and the Wizards haven't.

No it doesn't. If you dislike the Thunder, you really can't criticize the on-field play, so you''l resort to making fun of the identity.

I'm saying from a non-biased view though, i.e. strictly based on the logo and design aspects. Obviously if you dislike the Thunder for other reasons (they're your divisional rival, etc.), you'll come up with whatever reason you can to make fun of them, even if they have a good logo.

"But with all the things to make fun of the Wizards for, why would you choose uniforms?"

I don't make fun of the Wizards... I just notice that other people do. I'm critical of their performance, but I don't make fun of them. You'll have to find someone else to answer that.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived